Interesting Muslim related Spam.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by amazing__lobster, Nov 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I never ever take notice of spam emails, Until now. I thought people may be interested in this. Maybe some of our resident Muslims would like to comment on it?

*title edited

2. Can you summarise it, as I cannot be arrsed reading it all!!!!!

3. Basically, it appears to be a call to other muslims that extremists are bringing shame on their religion and to ignore the extremists. It also says that a Muslim/non-Muslim devide is a bad thing.

There is also a section on the end to Osama & Co saying they are destroying Islam.

I wonder how legitimet it is?

4. Maybe you should take the time to read it, Scorptin. It's a breath of fresh air!

MsG

5. " Islamo-fascists shouuld pack it in., then we would all get on better"

Brave man, I hope for his sake he's not in the Pakistan phone book. I liked his observation that if extremist mullahs actually believed that strapping a bomb to yourself was a ticket to Paradise, they would be first in the queue.

6. I think that this is actually a great idea, and I hope that people do read and digest this particular piece of spam mail.

7. It's a bit melodramatic, but essentially spot on. The only contention I have is that all these issues are a combination of internal and external influences.

It basically boils down to education; the more educated Muslims become, the less likely they will permit anyone to hijack Islam. Osama et al have no religious authority whatsoever, having never studied Fiqh, Jurisprudence, or Usool at the highest level, be it at Al-Azhar or Najaf or Qom (being a Sunni organisation it the last two would be unlikely :wink: ).

Look at the Library of Knowledge in Baghdad under the Abbasid Caliphate, the architecture of Cordoba under the Ummayyad, the philosophy of Avicenna, the mathematical genius of Al Kindi, the flowering of art and poetry under the last Mughal emperor, the treatment of the Other by Saladin (Salahuddin).

I very much doubt they would come anywhere near.

8. Apart from... a lot of what I could be bothered to read is historically and theologically wrong.

The penalty for a non-Muslim killing a Muslim is significantly greater than vice versa, for instance.
    Muhammad did also kill people -- he fought in battle, ordered assassinations of opponents, and re-instigated stoning for adultery.

For reasons such as this, Muslims will not take it seriously.

9. Yes he did. In fact he killed loads. And chopped off lots of hands and feet as well. Whoever wrote that piece of shite seems to be wearing the old spectacles, tinted, rose, left wing hand-wringers for the use of, while looking at Islam.

10. Only in military campaigns^

That letter is so fake though.

11. So then it is genuine?

12. It can't be.
    Spam is forbidden to Muslims.
    :D

13. I've got some Muslim related Spam aswell, it's probably not quite apposite to the sentiment displayed in the original post but, if someone can be ARRSEd, I wouldn't mind knowing the veracity of it. I would hope it's not entirely accurate as most spam is absolute bollox. What do you reckon? I think it was in relation to racial profiling etc at airports.

14. From what I know of all of these incedents it is all true though rather simplistic , very american.

You could turn it around and say that most major wars in the past few thousand years were started by or involving christians, but that doesn't explain the circumstances sorounding each war, or the cause.

You could also do the same about american serial killers.