Interesting Liverpool barracks website

Found this website by chance after reading a book and curious to see if the TA center the Gnr was mobilized to the day WW2 broke out. Fair bit of work gone into it listing all the places from before WW1 onwards some interesting stuff about the Liverpool blitz as well

Liverpool TA units

Some real informative stories there.Thanks for posting.

Sad to see so many historic buildings left to rot - or already demolished.

Also a rather poignant reminder of how much the country has changed in a couple of generations; I don't imagine we'll ever see battalions of local volunteers forming up again - at least not for our side...

I used to go to school on Shaw street in '50's,think there was a Liverpool Irish contingent stationed in one of the barracks you mentioned.

Very interesting page, but I think missing a couple of others:

Deysbrook Bks
Alamein Bks, Huyton
Mather Ave TAC

Last two are still in use, I believe.

I was in 33 Sig Regt, and 59 Sig Sqn was one of our sqns in Edge Lane (Grange TAC). Not a great TAC, but the lads and lasses were.

Very interesting page, but I think missing a couple of others:

Deysbrook Bks
Alamein Bks, Huyton
Mather Ave TAC

Last two are still in use, I believe.

I was in 33 Sig Regt, and 59 Sig Sqn was one of our sqns in Edge Lane (Grange TAC). Not a great TAC, but the lads and lasses were.
I don’t think those sites are from WW1.

I don’t think those sites are from WW1.
Missed that bit, thought it was TA barracks in general in the city, as they have a couple of newer ones on the page too.

Another of those Arrse gems that turns up. My dads family are from the area & my paternal GF was with one of the Kings Liverpool battalions. ( i don't know which) along with his brothers & cousins