Interesting Lesson

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by MicknDarcyJo, Jan 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a spare 1 hour slot in the training programme for my TA unit.....Any sensible suggestions on an interesting lesson I can put together for the lads? I was thinking of a montage of film clips showing skills and drills, i.e section attack and withdrawal from 'Bravo Two Zero', First aid and triage from 'Saving Private Ryan' and various clips from Band of Brothers, but any other suggestions for content, and /or a different lesson would be welcome!

2. msr

msr LE

Get an outside speaker in. The lads have probably got all the videos you've mentioned.

msr

3. I did think about trying to get a couple of lads from 23 SAS in to give a lecture/presentation, but i think time is against me here....Its happening Wednesday night!!!

4. msr

msr LE

Check your PMs

5. For your information there is a thread in this forum soem where regarding film clips etc.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=23869.html

Jennie

6. I think I'm going to go down the 'humour' path, and maybe do cam and concealment (kinda hard, with a bloody red patch on the sleeve) using Monty Pythons 'How not to be seen sketch'....has to be good for a laugh......

7. If any of the blokes have kids, see if any of them got Madagascar special edition for Xmas. It includes a 10 min extra disc called The penguin - a christmas mission. Feckin fantastic p1ss take of a rescue mission being carried out by a group of penguins. Genius. Has humour, military p1ss taking and penguins. What more does a lesson need?

8. That is a damned fine idea......!!

Got to be good for a giggle, then we can discuss various points of the 'mission'...!!