Interesting Iraq Article

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Dec 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hersch is not a real good judge of military intentions/policy. I dont know too many people in the puzzle palace that would actually talk to the man because of his anti-military agenda.
  2. Obviously there's a fair few people talk to him. After all, this is the guy who uncovered Abu Ghraib.
  3. Actually he didnt. The Army Times actually ran the first stories earlier than the main stream media. Only after pictures came out did the media take off with it. Several months ago the army announced its deployment schedule for 06 - in fact I posted it here. In that schedule was a noticeable drawdown of forces, had anyone in the media bothered to read it. As the tactical situation continues to improve we will need less forces. One brigade will be based in Kuwait as a ready force should a crisis develope's instead of in Iraq.
    This brigade most likely would be used in Basra should Sadr get out of hand again. If we can reduce our forces in half it will sure make deployments alot easier on the force.
  4. The most interesting stuff in that article isn't about the draw-downs etc. It's about Bush's attitude to the conflict.

5. Nothing new.
  6. Interesting. When exactly did that happen?

Not a big fan of Hersh myself, he gets a little bit on the tin-foil hat side of things every now and then. However, from what I've learned, even if some of his details are a little sketchy, this article sums up the strategic confusion pretty neatly.
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

here y'go:
    I just sincerely hope that UK head-shed are joined up on this......order + counter-order = disorder....shoulder-to-shoulder people, just like we came in....

Le Chevre
  8. Nah, it's Friedberg, mate. Cruddy little town in Hessen, North of Frankfurt; notable for nothing more than its nice swimming pool with a wave generator 8O.
    The only reason I mention this is because the troops must have been looking forward to a little time away from Bore-Arrsia :).