Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

Yet another court martial, but this time a Lt Col has gone down for sexual assault and has been hoofed through the door. The husband doesn't come out of it too well either as a husband.

Yet another court martial, but this time a Lt Col has gone down for sexual assault and has been hoofed through the door. The husband doesn't come out of it too well either as a husband.

And the wife comes across as being a bit frigid.

And the wife comes across as being a bit frigid.
Considering when it happened her child was in intensive care and her husband did not report the assault to the CoC, I'm not surprised that the wife was a 'bit annoyed' with her husband. If your wife was in the same situation, what would you do?

Considering when it happened her child was in intensive care and her husband did not report the assault to the CoC, I'm not surprised that the wife was a 'bit annoyed' with her husband. If your wife was in the same situation, what would you do?
I concur, but at the same time I can understand the husband being too frightened to do the right thing.

With all the other stuff going on, how would you fancy being scared of losing your career?

That would maybe explain why the offender chose this particular opportunity to concede to his hankering.

The creep.

I concur, but at the same time I can understand the husband being too frightened to do the right thing.

With all the other stuff going on, how would you fancy being scared of losing your career?

That would maybe explain why the offender chose this particular opportunity to concede to his hankering.

The creep.

Pretty sure if someone sexually assaulted my wife when I was serving, I'd have made an effort to kick his **** in regardless of his rank.
I've no doubt the husband of the victim is the type to harp on about moral courage and value and standards, the cowardly shitcunt.
If he wouldn't stand up for his wife because he was scared of losing his career he would never dare stand up for his subordinates.

Pretty sure if someone sexually assaulted my wife when I was serving, I'd have made an effort to kick his **** in regardless of his rank.
I've no doubt the husband of the victim is the type to harp on about moral courage and value and standards, the cowardly shitcunt.
If he wouldn't stand up for his wife because he was scared of losing his career he would never dare stand up for his subordinates.
I agree totally with your points. The other question has he done this to other wives and its been covered up or not been reported or as you say people put career before everything else. Maaybe it has and now he's on the outside he may one day trip over a raised kerb and injure himself.

At the age of 59 he wasn't going to be in the army for much longer anyway. Isn't the retirement age 60 now?

The REME Lt Col.

Was he REME? I didn't see that mentioned in the article anywhere. I appreciate he was at a REME establishment but could have been another badge.

On the matter of his dismissal and considering the nature of the offence that seems to be the right outcome to me. Going around groping the other half of a subordinate (in any location or circumstances let alone as they were in this case) has to be endex.

The husband of the victim did not do too well either and if he is in the doghouse with her then he too has got his just desserts.

Was he REME? I didn't see that mentioned in the article anywhere. I appreciate he was at a REME establishment but could have been another badge.

On the matter of his dismissal and considering the nature of the offence that seems to be the right outcome to me. Going around groping the other half of a subordinate (in any location or circumstances let alone as they were in this case) has to be endex.

The husband of the victim did not do too well either and if he is in the doghouse with her then he too has got his just desserts.
I don’t see how it’s a service matter, it wasn’t on MOD property? If he says it didn’t happen, and there’s no witnesses surely he’s better off fighting it in a real court going for a not guilty?