Dear Stacker1,The offence of Perverting the Course of Justice is committed when an accused
The course of justice must be in existence at the time of the act(s). The course of justice starts when:
- does an act or series of acts;
- which has or have a tendency to pervert; and
- which is or are intended to pervert;
- the course of public justice.
- an event has occurred, from which it can reasonably be expected that an investigation will follow;
- investigations which could/might bring proceedings have actually started; or
- proceedings have started or are about to start.
Sounds like letting someone resign to avoid having to be charged fits the bill.
Thank you for assisting in the education of our fellow Arrsers by citing and posting actual references to legal guidance freely available to all on in the public domain.
I do hope that now that you have joined me in this uphill struggle you don’t feel that it is a hopeless battle against people who have their opinions but can’t be Arrsed to check whether they are actually correct.