Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

And in the finest traditions of the Corps another, nastier allegation

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
Surely he would wear his own regiment's rank, otherwise the REME, AGC, RLC etc attached would also be wearing three tapes, and lancejacks wearing two. Pretty sure they don't. A REME Cpl is a REME Cpl, not a Bdr if he's with an Arty regt.
REME and anybody else attached to HCMR wear their own rank. When I was a REME Sgt with the Lifeguards at Windsor, I wore three stripes. Not three stripes and a brass crown, the equivalent rank known as Corporal of the Horse
However in HCR everyone of the rank of LCpl and above can be granted membership of the Corporal's Mess by the Regimental Corporal Major (WO1).

I suppose there is an implosion if the two universes collide
There isn't a Corporals Mess in HCR world.

There is a WO's and NCO's mess. LCpls can drink there, but have no mess voting rights. Cpls can drink there and have mess voting rights and attend mess meetings but cannot eat or live in. For Sgts and above, they have full mess dining and living in rights.

'I think maybe I just gave in […]. I don't really remember anything about it.'

I think that this may put the element of doubt in the Beyond reasonable doubt.

27 Regt seems to have more than a few problems at the moment.
That was also the regiment that thought it was perfectly acceptable to not only let a convicted sex case carry on serving but to return him back to the same Troop as his victim.

27 Regt seems to have more than a few problems at the moment.
That was also the regiment that thought it was perfectly acceptable to not only let a convicted sex case carry on serving but to return him back to the same Troop as his victim.
That's pretty horrifying.

Apart from the appalling lack of concern and consideration for the victim - which is negligent to a degree - how could the offender be safely returned to the unit?

Surely he'd have a bad accident first night back in barracks?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Cheers Stalker

Despite the fact, I said I was attached to the infantry several times.

You mental case.
Serious question - were you ‘attached’ as a stacker or an infantryman? It’s quite an important distinction.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Serious question - were you ‘attached’ as a stacker or an infantryman? It’s quite an important distinction.

As a supplier, why would I be attached as an infanteer?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
An infantryman. I’m surprised you haven’t reported some sort of link to the RLC.
Now you are just being silly. Everyone knows RLC peeps couldn't take a sh!t without an adult supervising! :)

Latest Threads