Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

FEASG

LE
You whetted our appetites for more gossip relevant to the thread and have gone quiet on us…..c’mon spill the beans the CM was last week!
No that was the PTR the CM has not been listed yet. The latest list goes up to 20th June. So it looks as if it could be late June, or the beginning of July.

RSM? Looks like a WO2 to my eyes. Oh hang on, it's the Mail. Carry on.
Oh do read the article, he was WO1 and was demoted to WO2 as a result of the incident and was appealing that punishment.

Should have gone to Specsavers mate.

rustypilgrim

Old-Salt
If anything ever said don't sh1t on your own socks

In my younger days getting so drunk you puke and shit yourself was a right of passage and a state-of-affairs to be much admired. I suppose doing it at a mess function whilst RSM maybe not so much?

FEASG

LE
In my younger days getting so drunk you puke and shit yourself was a right of passage and a state-of-affairs to be much admired. I suppose doing it at a mess function whilst RSM maybe not so much?
I remember when this was first reported a few months back. Apparently he not only had to be kicked out of the mess by the PMC (fighting all the way) but then proceed to express himself by the medium of doing a Rolf Harris on the bog wall with his own body waste "Can you tell what it is yet"? Clearly working to the rule, That it's my mess and I will do what I like with it ( his mess and the mess). An excellent effort all round really.

In my younger days getting so drunk you puke and shit yourself was a right of passage and a state-of-affairs to be much admired.

Puking maybe, but shitting yourself?
In my younger days you were regarded as a lightweight and probably a bit light in the loafers.

Fast forward to the late 1990s in Bosnia and the divisional POLAD was not getting on with the Commander, one decorated SG officer. I cannot remember the name of the book but others will; it was a series of somewhat raw accounts compiled relatively shortly after CORPORATE. It included the account by OC Right Flank. The very man, Major then, subsequently Maj Gen (and subsequently embroiled in a cash for access scandal but never mind)
It was very similar in Baghdad in 2005 when he was DCG MNF-I. The Yanks - certainly at Lt Col and Col level - were... mystified... by him and thought him the worst example of Brit class conscious nonsense they could imagine. They were astounded when I mentioned to a couple that he had been awarded the MC, even more so when the circumstances were explained...

rustypilgrim

Old-Salt
I remember when this was first reported a few months back. Apparently he not only had to be kicked out of the mess by the PMC (fighting all the way) but then proceed to express himself by the medium of doing a Rolf Harris on the bog wall with his own body waste "Can you tell what it is yet"? Clearly working to the rule, That it's my mess and I will do what I like with it ( his mess and the mess). An excellent effort all round really.
I suspected there had to be more incriminating detail. "Guilty as charged!"

CrazyLegs!

War Hero
Knocked out by another WO in the course of all this as well. Not a popular RSM, who was prone to AGAIng CSgts who failed to finish sentences with “Sir”, even when deep in conversation and when the compliment had already been paid.

Knocked out by another WO in the course of all this as well. Not a popular RSM, who was prone to AGAIng CSgts who failed to finish sentences with “Sir”, even when deep in conversation and when the compliment had already been paid.

I wonder then if the CO did the Army a disservice by busting him back to WO2. Had he not done that, he could have been CM'ed and reduced to a rank where he'd be saying "Sir".

What a belter.

Latest Threads