Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

Seriously? And become a shit magnet for the rest of your posting? I sorted him out repeatedly in a lot cleverer manner. Half the time he didn't even realise he'd been stitched up. The thick Welsh twat.

What other type of Welsh is there?
When you take people up on the offer, you'll find that the only people acting hard around you are those prepared to scrap.
Does make you a shit magnet though.

Seriously? And become a shit magnet for the rest of your posting? I sorted him out repeatedly in a lot cleverer manner. Half the time he didn't even realise he'd been stitched up. The thick Welsh twat.

The very best form of retribution. Observe from afar, as they flounder in a sea of failure, utterly ignorant of the fact that this is only occurring to them as a consequence of them being a twat to someone else earlier.

Truxx

LE
May I be the first to ask the most predictable of questions in that; these journalists you had with you, did they take any photographs, or perhaps even better, some footage of this UN officer you mention?

Asking for a former General friend of mine who is constantly avoiding CMs for some reason.

Edited to ask - Was this a magnificent sight or merely a magnificent HLS (site)?

Yours in pathetic anticipation.

SB
No pictures but I could sketch you a quick diagram or, better yet make a suitable model using mess tins a 50 pattern belt, some small stones and some bits of moss.

And two very large bouncy balloons filled with Norwegian viking lady.

Just thinking about it causes me to need to excuse myself for a short while......

Meanwhile in another part of the forest Kiszely was getting his arrse handed to him on a chessboard by one of the interpreters.

Who, it transpired was a previous Yugoslav Junior National (chess) champion.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Sadly I got that at Sandhurst, it was a me and him offer. As he was Para Guards with a face that looked like this was a common occurrence I off course declined!
Of course this was another Millennium and about three Jubilees ago - the one when we got no medals!
3 medals per Bn in 1977, no money. My mob went for CO, RSM and the most junior Pte.

CSM's Despair..

On ROPS
On ROPs
Thank god we live in different times

Thinking about that, a lot of schools and workplaces were similar to a degree. If you'd been to a rough secondary modern*, or worked in heavy industry before joining up, you'd be no stranger to violent pecking orders, summary physical discipline, and abuse of power. Armies mirror the societies that they recruit from. For all the emphasis on law and order and gentlemanly conduct, Britain was a very punchy society.

*Some grammar schools were also shockingly rough and brutal by modern standards, and public schools were another can of worms.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
We did the CO, RSM and I think the Provost Sgt.
Poor old Dad who had red tabs got nowt, he was very unimpressed!
CO, RSM and youngest soldier was quite common, I expect there was some 'guidance'.

That isn't what @Brotherton Lad did.
I have been in the same situation.
In my day if you didn't have to go to hospital it didn't count.
And if you did and you deserved it, it still didn't count.
Edit to add, and i was REME, not a proper fighting bloke.

outside of a legal frame work, just who decides who deserves what ^~

The first time I was struck unexpectedly whilst serving was, believe if it not, by the full Colonel Doctor at Sandbags.
I’d gone sick with ‘flu, or some such, along with pretty much everyone else in the intake, before you lot all start chiming in with, ‘you poof’ etc. As I walked in to his cell, he dropped the thermometer on the floor, picked it up and said, ‘pop that under your tongue’. I rejoined with a, ‘don’t you think you should wash that?’ and he stood up and slapped me round to the mush! We stood and stared at each other for a split second; in fairness, a look of panic did cross his face whilst I was quickly weighing up my options: deciding not to punch him out through his window, I replaced my beret, saluted and marched back to the lines and, until now, have never mentioned it.

Last edited:
The first time I was struck unexpectedly whilst serving was, believe if it not, by the full Colonel Doctor at Sandbags.
I’d gone sick with ‘flu, or some such, along with pretty much everyone else in the intake, before you lot all start chiming in with, ‘you poof’ etc. As I walked in to his cell, he dropped the thermometer on the floor, picked it up and said, ‘pop that under your tongue’. I rejoined with a, ‘don’t you think you should wash that’ and he stood up and slapped me round to the mush! We stood and stared at each other for a split second; in fairness, a look of panic did cross his face whilst I was quickly weighing up my options: deciding not to punch him out through his window, I replaced my beret, saluted and marched back to the lines and, until now, have never mentioned it.
Was he Irish? If so, he was a bit of a card.

I’d gone sick with ‘flu, or some such, along with pretty much everyone else in the intake, before you lot all start chiming in with, ‘you poof’ etc. As I walked in to his cell, he dropped the thermometer on the floor, picked it up and said, ‘pop that under your tongue’. I rejoined with a, ‘don’t you think you should wash that’ and he stood up and slapped me round to the mush! We stood and stared at each other for a split second; in fairness, a look of panic did cross his face whilst I was quickly weighing up my options: deciding not to punch him out through his window, I replaced my beret, saluted and marched back to the lines and, until now, have never mentioned it.

You poof.

Latest Threads