Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

Cant see the link, but some guilty people work up until the last day they can, might not be to many career opportunities afterwards.
It's his Linkedin seems that on leaving the Army he stepped sideways into a similar job as a civilian working for the MoD

Your guess would be worth putting money on.

Officers can't be sentenced to detention, only to imprisonment.
Let me rephrase then, I doubt he'll be seeing the inside of a prison.

Carrying a lot of weight there .....She'll struggle on the Hill .......

1611137814667.png

Let me rephrase then, I doubt he'll be seeing the inside of a prison.
The odds are one of these might. In the CM Listings for the current fortnight there are:

1 x Col
1x Lt Col
1x Maj
1x Capt
3x Flt Lt

What the heck is going on?

The odds are one of these might. In the CM Listings for the current fortnight there are:

1 x Col
1x Lt Col
1x Maj
1x Capt
3x Flt Lt

Its getting harder to sweep things under the carpet?

1 x Col
1x Lt Col
1x Maj
1x Capt
3x Flt Lt

Massive server farms on MODNET. All your emails and chats are captured. Whoever said don't send or post anything that you wouldn't want your mother to see was probably onto something.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

1 x Col
1x Lt Col
1x Maj
1x Capt
3x Flt Lt

Fraud I would imagine - more likely that than the ABH etc for the over 40 other ranks on that list too. Col Evans is Late RTR, perhaps that was crime enough?

ETA: Baird-Clarke is up for fraud:

Last edited:
Fraud I would imagine - more likely that than the ABH etc for the over 40 other ranks on that list too. Col Evans is Late RTR, perhaps that was crime enough?
Sexual offence are pretty popular as well and I imagine some negligently performing of duties.

Mufulira42

Old-Salt
A lot of crime , by the look of things ........
Its a funny old thing imagining you can get away with things illegal e.g. in Fair Canada there are more lawyers behind bars than any other profession like Engineers, Dentists etc. seems Ethics 101 was not a mandatory course at Uni or Concrete Law College

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

1 x Col
1x Lt Col
1x Maj
1x Capt
3x Flt Lt

Officers are now being treated the same way now as Other Ranks have been for centuries.

Officers are now being treated the same way now as Other Ranks have been for centuries.
Not quite but nearly as noted before we can not serve Detention, I can't see why not really reduce to rank of Private and 'mind the cell door doesn't hit your backside'.

The other idiocy Court Martial Boards having to be made up of people two ranks above the accused, why for goodness sake, The Nick Welch trial may have to put civilians on the Board as we don't have enough full Generals, utter nonsense.

Not quite but nearly as noted before we can not serve Detention, I can't see why not really reduce to rank of Private and 'mind the cell door doesn't hit your backside'.

The other idiocy Court Martial Boards having to be made up of people two ranks above the accused, why for goodness sake, The Nick Welch trial may have to put civilians on the Board as we don't have enough full Generals, utter nonsense.
Put together a board full of his mates?

Latest Threads