Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

Maybe that would encourage the CoC to ensure that things like this are nipped at the earliest opportunity.
You haven't said how they are supposed to do that.

Perhaps better accounting and audit procedures.
No mate I was assured by Kroneit44 that the Army has all the oversight it needs when it comes to travel.

SPS Cpl was done for fraud. Detention and dismissal as part of sentence. Fair enough. Given her role, that’s up there, but other factors may have lessened the sentence.
Officer case maybe different? You bet. And that’s why we have a Service Justice System. I joined the army many years ago believing that officers had a much higher standard of integrity and trustworthiness.
It’s not true. But, the army being one of those last bastions of 19th century behaviour may insist it is. And the officer should be punished more. And may be.

Perhaps better accounting and audit procedures.
19 flights for £2200. It looks like this practice was picked up early on, but for some reason not stamped on. I suspect there was some weak leadership in his CoC. He's out, MOD is skint and I've got 3 electric heaters on trying to get my house warm enough to take my goose down expedition suit off. I don't see how this is in the tax payers interest.

Disgraceful isn't, Padre isn't interested either.
I left the British Army and emigrated to Australia in 1983. My reasons were several, but only one really concerned the Army, and that was that sooner or later I was going to have to explain to my wife that that is what British Army MQs were like.

Fabius Maximus

Old-Salt
SPS Cpl was done for fraud. Detention and dismissal as part of sentence. Fair enough. Given her role, that’s up there, but other factors may have lessened the sentence.
Officer case maybe different? You bet. And that’s why we have a Service Justice System. I joined the army many years ago believing that officers had a much higher standard of integrity and trustworthiness.
It’s not true. But, the army being one of those last bastions of 19th century behaviour may insist it is. And the officer should be punished more. And may be.
Not heard anyone mention how officers should be held to a higher standard in a while... it’s almost like the Army’s forgotten....

19 flights for £2200. It looks like this practice was picked up early on, but for some reason not stamped on. I suspect there was some weak leadership in his CoC. He's out, MOD is skint and I've got 3 electric heaters on trying to get my house warm enough to take my goose down expedition suit off. I don't see how this is in the tax payers interest.
How exactly does it look like it was picked up early on? Didn't you assure us that one of the reasons the Army has to have civvies running travel/hotels booking was for the great accountability.
Once again are you expecting the Army to ignore it?
I find it hard to believe that you haven't chest poked your CoC and demanded your quarter is sorted out.

Officer case maybe different?
If it will be different, I'm guessing he won't get detention.

I left the British Army and emigrated to Australia in 1983. My reasons were several, but only one really concerned the Army, and that was that sooner or later I was going to have to explain to my wife that that is what British Army MQs were like.
Mine reminds me of the fact that she is in an MQ...daily.

Mine reminds me of the fact that she is in an MQ...daily.

Maybe you should have got a job in civvie street with that really special trade that you claimed to have, rather than hanging on for dear life to Army after your 22 was up.
They dont give a **** about you because they know you are too scared to leave.

Seems he was told not to do it, so coerced a clerk back in Scotland to book flights, CO finds out after he has taken a few flights, he then cancels flights but no refund.

I guess they are planning on a not guilty as he has carried on working for the MoD in Scotland.

Cant see the link, but some guilty people work up until the last day they can, might not be to many career opportunities afterwards.

Although if what you say in your first sentence is true there is still not much the army can do early on, some courtmartials take ages

Kroneit44 is just upset because he's living in a hovel and no one cares, but the Army is daring to spend money on bringing an alleged fraudster to justice.

Latest Threads