Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
That chap (Swift)'s responsibilities are, apparently:
  • setting the defences wide Whole Force vision and strategy
  • ensuring a commitment to inclusion and diversity across the defence workforce
  • driving simplification and harmonisation of people policies and procedures
  • identifying and applying best practice from elsewhere in the private and public sector to improve the leadership and management of people
  • ensuring the Whole Force dimension is taken into account in major our change programmes
  • supporting ministers’ accountability to Parliament and the public for people issues
Count the buzzwords; apply them to a nation's army. Discover disillusionment, despair and hopelessness.
But can he command, and would he be trusted to take a regiment into battle?

I would just like to give a collective :) :) :) to the tin foil hat wearer's of the last few pages ~^

enpointe

Old-Salt
Funny seeing otherwise intelligent people like Lt Gen Swift at D&I conferences posturing about white privilege, FFS your core recruitment pool is poor lads from northern sink estates.
it may have been in the 1950s

it certainly isn't for the RAF , RN or the DMS or the Army's various technical corps

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Too many have gone from university doing PPE into either local authority, teaching, law or as SPADs in political parties. They live in an echo chamber of self reinforcing views and attitudes.
That’s as may be. Can you try and answer the question?

My bold, they’re not the only ones.

Too many have gone from university doing PPE into either local authority, teaching, law or as SPADs in political parties. They live in an echo chamber of self reinforcing views and attitudes.
Rather like very senior officers having very cosseted careers. Bouncing from MA to PSO appts…

it may have been in the 1950s

it certainly isn't for the RAF , RN or the DMS or the Army's various technical corps
The uncomfortable truth is that the army ranks are still made up mainly of grubby white working class boys. Social engineering over the next decade aims to change that though with a bold target to increase female representation to 30%.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Rather like very senior officers having very cosseted careers. Bouncing from MA to PSO appts…
I see what you’re trying to say but being an MA or a PSO is a shit job.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
The uncomfortable truth is that the army ranks are still made up mainly of grubby white working class boys. Social engineering over the next decade aims to change that though with a bold target to increase female representation to 30%.
Sandbags is running on 11% female, 7% from the ranks (usually male), 15% foreign (incl women from the likes of Armenia, the Commonwealth, NATO Allies, the Palestinian Authority, Afghanistan in the old days last year). All public knowledge.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Too many very senior officers have forgotten that we exist to deliver extreme violence and are not just an extension of Islington council.
I think it’s very likely that the stabbers and stranglers will still be male, working class. Whether there is more ethnic diversity remains to be seen. Probably, because that is the demographic of the country.

Is there any reason that the other roles shouldn’t be 50/50(ish) male/female?

I think it’s very likely that the stabbers and stranglers will still be male, working class. Whether there is more ethnic diversity remains to be seen. Probably, because that is the demographic of the country.

Is there any reason that the other roles shouldn’t be 50/50(ish) male/female?
It's just noise, as if we unlock it we'll fill all the gaps in male dominated areas with women and that everything will settle at the 50/50 ratio.

Alamo

LE
That may be true, but I suspect the majority have had to work a damn sight harder than you ever have.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Try e-mailing GeorgeSoros@commonpurpose.com. that should do it. You need to hurry though as the old rogue is 91 and may not be around much longer.

Latest Threads