Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

You might have to send that in clear. I didn't really understand the question.
If Queen Vic was screwing around, after albert died, was the fact hushed up by family and courtiers, or conversely, she never screwed around, and it was all unsubstantiated rumours, which were also hushed up!

If Queen Vic was screwing around, after albert died, was the fact hushed up by family and courtiers, or conversely, she never screwed around, and it was all unsubstantiated rumours, which were also hushed up!

We might never no. While she was still alive, she wrote the rules (with perhaps a little gentle diplomatic nudging from senior courtiers and people like Disraeli).

Suffice to say that she was not yet cold in her grave when Bertie (Edward Vll) ordered and supervised a BFO bonfire of her correspondence and thenceforth all acknowledgement, memorial or reference to her 'favourites' were removed or banned.

Depends if the light cav are all driving round Mali in Jackal pretending it's 1941...
Lets hope that's the LRDG's 1941, rather than that experienced in Tobruk, Crete and Hong Kong....

Depends if the light cav are all driving round Mali in Jackal pretending it's 1941...

what we have to remember is that MERT is dead, and an expeditionary warfighting force is entirely happy to suffer IED strikes and for the Commander to chin off the doctrinal guidelines for casualty care.

I mean, that would absolutely pass the Sun/Mirror/ViroBono's favourite paper test....

what we have to remember is that MERT is dead, and an expeditionary warfighting force is entirely happy to suffer IED strikes and for the Commander to chin off the doctrinal guidelines for casualty care.

I mean, that would absolutely pass the Sun/Mirror/ViroBono's favourite paper test....
The US is changing in areas, are we?

(This is probably worthy of its own thread, given Defence Engagement, SPiBs and lots of THEM activity more likely to be looming in the future, than a. An armoured orStrike Bde outside Europe or b. This is supposed to be about naughty naughty officers not following changing CEA goalposts properly)

View attachment 20181155Neal.pdf

His contention was that lots of them are leaving after they've had their "fun" for three years and are heading off into the City to do a "proper" job. Does rather narrow down the choice for future COs if you've only got 4 or 5 senior Capts in the entire Regiment to choose from.
That's hardly a surprise. It was documented in academic literature nearly a half-century ago, and informally acknowledged as the status quo long before that.

If there's a surprise to be had, it should be that it's still acceptable.

That said, it's probably pretty benign, compared to retention and career management practices at the other end of the officer career path, be it the passed over Majors, or the extraordinary plethora of VSO appointments deemed necessary to to keep our tiny army's head above metaphorical water.

chimera

LE

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

MERT dead? Interesting - why do I have a contract to deliver elements of MERT capability then?

Old-Salt
MERT dead? Interesting - why do I have a contract to deliver elements of MERT capability then?
Is it because you are friendly with our political rulers?

Sounds like you are having to do more in your contract than the fairy ferries funded by Failing Grayling ;)

... or the Test and Trace boss who was traced today!!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Is it because you are friendly with our political rulers?

Sounds like you are having to do more in your contract than the fairy ferries funded by Failing Grayling ;)

... or the Test and Trace boss who was traced today!!
No, and if you had any experience of working with MOD you'd pray for some 'friendly' treatment.

Latest Threads