Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

If #1's first name is Ian - It wasn't rape.
She was shagging lots of guys from the Bn, and not just Ian that evening.
And she had more 'Toys' in her bedroom than Ann Summers in the High Street.
It was OK for months and then she changed her mind.
You don't understand what consent is.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Serious miscarriage of justice.
Spot on.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Somehow "A Disgrace To The Lawn and Outdoor Furniture Association" is comic, compared to the same " . . . . To Her Brittanic Majesty's Royal Navy"

The silly old ****** left the Navy over decade ago.

HE117

LE
I'm really not sure this belongs on this thread, but I can't find a better one, and the news has just reached me via skydiver jungle-drums that a late officer of the Andrew (a man with an IQ on the scale of Rutland compared to an ego on the scale of Siberia, and possessed of a total inability to engage in conversation without opening his every sentence with the first person pronoun) has just copped a 2-and-a-bit stretch for fraud to the tune of £117K.

To add to his ignominy, he didn't make the National press, but the horticultural trade rags are all over him.

I give you Commander (RN) (Ret'd) Phil Gibbs, with certainty that a sizeable cohort of BPA members of my vintage are smiling at the prospect that he will now be getting regular meals, learning new skills, and having frequent sex.

Royal Navy veteran jailed for siphoning charity cash in £117,000 Waterlooville fraud

Paging @medwaymud and @HE117

I liked this bit (from the Portsmouth News) best:

"Standing in the secure dock he said ‘please sir no’ as the sentence was handed down." :thumleft:
Geez.. thats a name from the past...!

Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

HE117

LE

Was he wearing the Gorrilla suit at the time...?

Allan74

Old-Salt

Sorry, once she says no, that's it...

Allan74

Old-Salt
I was thinking something along these lines. While it can be argued that the VVSOs are supposed to command through their personality drilling down through the CoC in effect they have no real hands in responsibilities. Now will this be realised by the USN and the careers of those at the top not really affected, or is this link to responsibility for loss of a $2Billion ship be a career stopper?

The junior rate who saw smoke and dud not report it must be strange. I appreciate that she may have thought it to be steam, but steam and smoke are very different things and act differently. I am just surprised that she did not think it as smoke. As the report makes very clear, lack of proper training is a major factor.

Don't RN baby sailors have to do intense ship saving training before bring allowed on the real thing?

Anyway, a complete clusterf*ck which will take some fixing. I note in the report that the circumstances are very similar to those in a submarine some years earlier - looks like lessons were not learned.
Yes, a friend of mine, in his training, did shed loads of 'ship saving' training and whilst at sea.

The brass get the smashing for lack of training of the bods on the ground...plus Congress is roaring, someone has to have their balls in a vice.

Latest Threads