Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

If you read the article it seems he found himself at the bottom of a hole and if he had declared his changed circumstances would quite likely have been given the allowance anyway. That was the Appeal Court's view when they cancelled the pay back part of the sentence. Seems the CM did not think him a master criminal either as he ended up non custodial, I wonder if he will try to get reinstated? Best of luck to him if he does try.
Not really at a bottom of hole was he? He could have been honest and probably would have got the allowance, instead he chose to be dishonest, so **** him, the greedy ****.

Not really at a bottom of hole was he? He could have been honest and probably would have got the allowance, instead he chose to be dishonest, so **** him, the greedy ****.
"Early retirement" in other words :). The report said he now works in security so has lined himself up with an income. No doubt his ex will be trying to extract as much from him as possible now!
It would be nice to see how he can get through a CRB otherwise known as D&B check

I doubt it as this was a CM decision to dismiss and he has had his appeal. Still, he obviously had a very good legal team so they may have a cunning plan.
Can't be that good as he put in a guilty plea so it is pretty much impossible to appeal finding only sentence which they seem to have done.

Mickey West

Old-Salt
While I agree in principle, you do come across as a bit of a chippy sort.

(Apologies for nig profile, I’m a much revered regular Arrse type but got locked out of an account I set up many years ago)

While I agree in principle, you do come across as a bit of a chippy sort.

(Apologies for nig profile, I’m a much revered regular Arrse type but got locked out of an account I set up many years ago)
Meh, some officers come across as righteous ********* who harp on about values and standards, integrity, serve to lead and all that bollocks, they also get paid a lot more than the juniors, so when they get caught out for being a thieving **** you'll excuse me for not having any sympathy.

When I was going through the whole Schools Liaison Officer interview shit at LONDIST in the mid-70s and doing various pre-RCB's he and his mercenary mob in Angola came up all the time.

I read about it in detail later, what a ******* mess, and what a bunch of nutters and fools.
The brother of one of callans gang was with us in the maze, he too was a braggard and fantasist.

Mickey West

Old-Salt
I a
Meh, some officers come across as righteous ********* who harp on about values and standards, integrity, serve to lead and all that bollocks, they also get paid a lot more than the juniors, so when they get caught out for being a thieving **** you'll excuse me for not having any sympathy.
I suspect we are going to have plenty of opportunity to discuss this point over the next year or so as the court martials continue. Although to state the bleeding obvious, if you want HMG fo continue to pay your school fees my advice would be to.

A. Don’t divorce your missus.

B. Assuming point A adhered to, make sure you actually live with the bint in your allocated MQ.

On that point, all seems quiet on the Jo Butterfill front

I a

I suspect we are going to have plenty of opportunity to discuss this point over the next year or so as the court martials continue. Although to state the bleeding obvious, if you want HMG fo continue to pay your school fees my advice would be to.

A. Don’t divorce your missus.

B. Assuming point A adhered to, make sure you actually live with the bint in your allocated MQ.

On that point, all seems quiet on the Jo Butterfill front
You can still get CEA after a divorce.
Bellends just think they are above the rules.

Known as DBS for a few years now. You don't really 'get through it' it will list his convictions, what the employer does about that is up to them with the exception of certain scheduled employments.
Yeah OK Mr Pedant. :) D&B simply shorthand for Disclosure and Barring Service. I could also have quoted Disclosure Scotland or Access NI. The check is conducted by organisations and companies as part of staff vetting and the result is used to inform the recruitment decision or ongoing employment decision. So the check is conducted by HR and the result is provided by the Service used and the decision made by the organisation. So yes you can 'get through' the check.

Mickey West

Old-Salt
You can still get CEA after a divorce.
Bellends just think they are above the rules.
if you have custody of the offspring.
Yes, a cohort who think they are above the rules (Nick Welch). And others where the world goes south for them and they try and protect their children (through fraudulent CEA)

Hence flexibility in sentencing.
It’s good to be subject to English law I’m sure you’ll agree.

QRK2

LE
Yeah OK Mr Pedant. :) D&B simply shorthand for Disclosure and Barring Service. I could also have quoted Disclosure Scotland or Access NI. The check is conducted by organisations and companies as part of staff vetting and the result is used to inform the recruitment decision or ongoing employment decision. So the check is conducted by HR and the result is provided by the Service used and the decision made by the organisation. So yes you can 'get through' the check.

Nice bit of googling, you're obviously taking tips from PhotEx.

Nice bit of googling, you're obviously taking tips from PhotEx.
No Google involved simply knowledge and experience.

stickerheadsdotcom2.jpg

I’ll put my clearance head on - short answer is he won’t. What he will need to do is declare it and put in mitigating circumstances.
What? Like "I would like to mitigate I am a recently convicted criminal subject to a sentence of imprisonment and my crime involved dishonesty and fraud against my last employer?"

What? Like "I would like to mitigate I am a recently convicted criminal subject to a sentence of imprisonment and my crime involved dishonesty and fraud against my last employer?"
I’m not on about the actual check that is cut and dried. What I mean is when you fill in your job application you put a covering letter or the like in.

Security is a very grey term for what we know he could be out doing PMC stuff which does not require a DBS check. My firm does these as part of PES, and I had to declare my past military misdemeanour, same as when I still go through vetting reviews even though it’s over 23 years ago

Latest Threads