Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

Perhaps not by today's standards, but seemed to work ok in the early 1990's. Never had any complaints!!

So did the ban on gays and booting out pregnant women, but I think perhaps there was a better way of doing it than allowing someones rank to avoid official sanction.

I only ever remember my 'offer' being turned down once and that resulted in the CO 'inviting' the Junior Officer to make a 'donation' to the ABF. He subsequently received a 'thank you' letter from the charity and told me in the Mess sometime afterwards, that he wishes he'd taken the extra's - IIRC I 'offered' him 5.
You are Dave Brubeck and I claim my £5

So did the ban on gays and booting out pregnant women, but I think perhaps there was a better way of doing it than allowing someones rank to avoid official sanction.
Speaking from experience or second hand tales, after all the army did change a tad when options for change brown lettered a lot of talented service persons.

Speaking from experience or second hand tales, after all the army did change a tad when options for change brown lettered a lot of talented service persons.

Did it change or did it continue to do things the way its always been done?

D

Deleted 15653

Unfortunately it also took a lot of talent who saw how things were going, took the money and ran.

You tell us the army would be your subject, if you ever entered mastermind

Are you upset that your boyfriend Nuggetbks quit? Did you think someone was finally going to back you up?

And to answer your question, very rarely does the Army change unless its forced to.

Which I presume was also a 300***** number?
Slight drift.
When I left the MOD a couple of years back numbers were already starting with 303.
They are tri-service, and also issued to anyone who needed access to JPA.
My CS number began with 300. I won’t tell you the rest because I don’t remember it (unlike my army number, which I think is branded on my brain).
These numbers are becoming increasingly meaningless - they are just for payroll/admin. Which they always were, in a way.

Slight drift.
When I left the MOD a couple of years back numbers were already starting with 303.
They are tri-service, and also issued to anyone who needed access to JPA.
My CS number began with 300. I won’t tell you the rest because I don’t remember it (unlike my army number, which I think is branded on my brain).
These numbers are becoming increasingly meaningless - they are just for payroll/admin. Which they always were, in a way.
And for PIN numbers/passwords. But don’t tell anyone…….

Bullshit. Since Centurion XXI called Centurion XXIV a NIG, they’ve been used to establish seniority by reason of length of service.

I served with at the time, a Cpl, while I was a LCpl. But I’d been in the TA, and my service number was a few thousand below his. Something he noticed and brought up with me. Anyway, said Cpl is now a Colonel, having gone through every rank in between (ie not a DE commission), and has an OBE.

The FVCKING NIG :)

conjurer

Old-Salt
Bullshit. Since Centurion XXI called Centurion XXIV a NIG, they’ve been used to establish seniority by reason of length of service.

I served with at the time, a Cpl, while I was a LCpl. But I’d been in the TA, and my service number was a few thousand below his. Something he noticed and brought up with me. Anyway, said Cpl is now a Colonel, having gone through every rank in between (ie not a DE commission), and has an OBE.

The FVCKING NIG :)

Every rank (Pte to WO1) and and now a Colonel but not a DE surely means he tops out at Lt Col?

Every rank (Pte to WO1) and and now a Colonel but not a DE surely means he tops out at Lt Col?

Nope. Not any more. LEs can transfer to some form of Reg C now. He’d have been a Traffic Officer when originally commissioned. He’s in a brigade HQ, I assume as COS.

Another bloke I know was commissioned as a TOT, but commanded a regiment, so again, I assume changed commission types.

Latest Threads