Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

Contrary to first impressions, the general public have to attend in person NOT virtually. Nick W’s hearing is listed for 10 o’clock.

Contrary to first impressions, the general public have to attend in person NOT virtually. Nick W’s hearing is listed for 10 o’clock.
I could get there in time if I leave now!

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
What punishments do they have available to them now he's left? How long does service law keep hold of you after discharge?
I thought charges had to be brought within 6 months of discharge. As he's being tried in a military court I'm assuming that military law and its attendant punishments will apply.

So, 'you shall be taken from here to a place of execution....'

I think he'd get an FPEO:

"If the offender has been dismissed or discharged from the Service, or the offender is a civilian, the recovery of compensation may prove more difficult. In the interests of justice, the Court may order the Military Court staff to take address and bank details (or cheque if appropriate) from the offender to ensure that compensation is paid as detailed in the SCO before they leave the Court premises. If this fails, then the SCO can be enforced through the use of a Financial Penalty Enforcement Order (FPEO) [s 322]. FPEOs are also used where the person against whom the financial penalty was awarded is neither subject to Service law nor subject to Service discipline [s 309(3)]."

What punishments do they have available to them now he's left? How long does service law keep hold of you after discharge?
The full spectrum up to and including imprisonment. From 2019 Court Martial results

MrCivilianDIO INTLCatterick22-Mar-191 x BatteryNot Guilty
N/ACivilianITC CatterickCatterick22-May-19Ch 1: Battery. Ch 2: Buying alcohol on behalf of someone under the age of 18Guiltyœ500 Fine and pay œ200 in compensation.

MrCivilian17 RLCBulford26-Jul-191 x Indecent assaultGuilty15 Months imprisonment and Sex Offenders register for 10 years.

MrsCivilian d/o2 R AnglianOVS18-Sep-191 x BatteryGuilty40 Hours unpaid work requirement and up to 5 days Rehabilitation and Activity Requirement.

All this is very nicely taking all the heat off young Shagger Jones - got away with it Scot free, I’d imagine?

Excluding the subject of this thread, I counted four commissioned officers and two warrant officers. What the hell is going on in terms of discipline in HM Forces?
Love to know what this one is about

15/09/2020 10:30CM544319 Col M H EVANS
PTPHArmy HQ

Excluding the subject of this thread, I counted four commissioned officers and two warrant officers. What the hell is going on in terms of discipline in HM Forces?

These two caught my eye; a copper and a civvie.

CM.PNG

A certain Cpl Dragon 4CS Bn Reme in Tidworth?? Not the same TikTok Phil Dragon guy who is ripped on FYB for posting very very cringe videos??
Capture.JPG

Does anyone know the ‘phone number for Bulford CM Centre? Just tried googling it and the number given is actually for the Army Parachute Centre, where the phrase, ‘right, you’re really for the high jump now!’, has a completely different meaning.

This is your good Karma !

Its telling you " Go skydiving ! Its much more fun than a Court Martial !"

Don't fight it, man. Get your knees in the breeze.

Does anyone know the ‘phone number for Bulford CM Centre? Just tried googling it and the number given is actually for the Army Parachute Centre, where the phrase, ‘right, you’re really for the high jump now!’, has a completely different meaning.
It’s a case management hearing, so maybe the moment that prosecution is withdrawn as no case to answer....

Slowly, rank is no longer a get out clause for discipline offences .

This is my favourite from 2019:

PrivateArmy3 ParaCatterick06-Feb-191 x Causing fear or provocation of violence.Guilty14 Days detention, suspended for 12 months.

3 PARA? Violent? Who knew?

Latest Threads