Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

Schedule 15 says:
Persons residing or staying with person subject to service law in designated area
8A person is within this paragraph (subject to paragraph 11) if—

(a)he resides or is staying with a person subject to service law in a designated area; and

(b)he is in that designated area.

I read that to say that if you are in Dhekelia or Episkopi etc or any designated area you are caught by the Act.

I would suggest that doesnt mean random civvies popping in for a visit. As I said Army regs do not supersede host nation laws unless there is a prior agreement, would a kraut visiting his sister who is married to a soldier in Gutersloh come under the authority of the British military police? I think not.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I would suggest that doesnt mean random civvies popping in for a visit. As I said Army regs do not supersede host nation laws unless there is a prior agreement, would a kraut visiting his sister who is married to a soldier in Gutersloh come under the authority of the British military police? I think not.
The host nation in the SBAs in Cyprus is the SBAs.

And probably a few other senior officers getting a bit sweaty as well.
Not every one, at least one got a free pass several years back that apparently riled the then TIDNBUL chattering staff classes.

It would appear to be a virtual affair. I shall attempt to log in.....
DC495AEA-A535-4AB7-B3A3-E17CB785CC79.png

Schedule 15 says:
Persons residing or staying with person subject to service law in designated area
8A person is within this paragraph (subject to paragraph 11) if—

(a)he resides or is staying with a person subject to service law in a designated area; and

(b)he is in that designated area.

I read that to say that if you are in Dhekelia or Episkopi etc or any designated area you are caught by the Act.
In this very specific example you'd be covered by UK law

Excluding the subject of this thread, I counted four commissioned officers and two warrant officers. What the hell is going on in terms of discipline in HM Forces?
Beat me to it - was going to ask exactly the same question.

Probably something to do with the decline in society!

Or that we’re holding Officers to a similar or higher standard than ORs, whereas previously it would’ve been waved away...

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
About 40 years back I, and many others, used to regularly donate blood with the Army Blood Transfusion Service I think it was called.

In return you got a nice cup of tea, a couple of biccys and - most importantly - got chatting with some very pretty nurses.

Turns out that shed loads of Squaddie blood was being flogged off by a couple of high ranking Officers to foreign countries - and they were making serious money out of it - and had been for quite a while.
Could have been sold as a high alcohol energy drink in Middle East countries

Does anyone know the ‘phone number for Bulford CM Centre? Just tried googling it and the number given is actually for the Army Parachute Centre, where the phrase, ‘right, you’re really for the high jump now!’, has a completely different meaning.

A not so 'glorious' Gloster. The irony of him being employed in the education sector too!

It's taken a while to come to trial though, he's been out two years.

Good to see Cpl 'Person B' from MAB on there too!

Does anyone know the ‘phone number for Bulford CM Centre? Just tried googling it and the number given is actually for the Army Parachute Centre, where the phrase, ‘right, you’re really for the high jump now!’, has a completely different meaning.

Headquarters Military Court Service
Wing Road
Ward Barracks
BULFORD
Wiltshire
SP4 9NA
Telephone: 01980 672071

Email: mcs-group@mod.gov.uk

Bulford Military Court Centre
Vimy Crescent
BULFORD
Wiltshire
SP4 9FS
Telephone: 01980 673271

Email: mcs-bul-groupmailbox@mod.gov.uk

Old-Salt
01980 672673

If you want to watch the proceedings ring and ask for a link or attend the court!

Latest Threads