Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

A key decider in my decision to leave was continuity of education for my kids. Actually, more than education. Our priority was to bring our kids up in a stable family home; no boarding, no bean steeling and no moves every two years. The perceived requirement for CEA was exactly why we left (we were both officers).

And you did this by joining the Australian Army?

Sorry DD. What is RRA?
Recruitment and Retention allowance.
Usually based on someones trade that the British Army struggles to keep fully manned.
Unlike CEA which is based on individuals wanting their children to go to boarding school.

Or massively overburdened with nugatory staffwork...
"I am overwhelmed by paperwork, the only way to hold it back is to kill those who produce it"
Commisar - Kishniev Tractor Factory

Joking aside, whilst their are quite a few fairly pointless or low value add SO2 & SO1 posts.
There are now quite a few more important posts which are being gapped.

"I am overwhelmed by paperwork, the only way to hold it back is to kill those who produce it"
Commisar - Kishniev Tractor Factory

Joking aside, whilst their are quite a few fairly pointless or low value add SO2 & SO1 posts.
There are now quite a few more important posts which are being gapped.
It is an interesting conundrum:

Scores of 2nd and 3rd third officers from Maj to 1* and possibly beyond, stale and bitter hanging on to perpetuate CEA payments.

A massively broadening of the top of the rank pyramid which requires a host of pointless underling posts to justify 2*, 3* and 4* positions

It's a marriage made in heaven, unlike the Jones' by all accounts.

All the while the army becomes smaller and smaller.

Well done Trig. Get yourself over to the Rupert Jones appreciation thread and get stuck in!

If its in current affairs I cant see it as I'm banned from that forum, so I insist that you withdraw your hurtful name calling.

Euclid

War Hero
If its in current affairs I cant see it as I'm banned from that forum, so I insist that you withdraw your hurtful name calling.
How the fcuk can you get banned from Current Affairs? Any words of comfort for the Very Model of a Shagging Major General that you’d like me to post on the thread for you?

How the fcuk can you get banned from Current Affairs? Any words of comfort for the Very Model of a Shagging Major General that you’d like me to post on the thread for you?
The mods and tyranny.
I'll wait for it to be moved to the int cell or NAAFI bar and then I'll stick the boot in.

The mods and tyranny.
I'll wait for it to be moved to the int cell or NAAFI bar and then I'll stick the boot in.
Why wait? It's never stopped you before :)

The boot is being well and truly stuck in. Seems our Rupert is not a popular chap.
He's probably not. I've had the misfortune to work with him and he is not quite the brilliant example of a modern officer that he seems to think he is. Sharp, but inconsistent, unreliable and fickle.

Must go and look for the thread.

Recruitment and Retention allowance.
Usually based on someones trade that the British Army struggles to keep fully manned.
Unlike CEA which is based on individuals wanting their children to go to boarding school.
Is that like a bonus. The same as the £20,000 they are offering to the Booties at the moment?

Is that like a bonus. The same as the £20,000 they are offering to the Booties at the moment?
The booties are offered that on the basis that they are a trade/capbadge that needs manpower which is a proper RRA.

CEA is paid on the basis you have kids and might be posted which is viewed more as a nice perk.

Last edited:

Latest Threads