Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

Which is why this gave me a little chuckle

That would have been luxury
My posting were in reply to an officers going on about how hard done by officers are because they post alot, rather like the ORs then.

Truxx

LE
Im quite happy when officers claim CEA when they are bounced all over the world, the same as ORs, but like I said we all know the truth, there are many that dont and are blatantly kicking the arse out of it.
And if you think the army tore the arrse out of it spend a few moments considering the RAF

And if you think the army tore the arrse out of it spend a few moments considering the RAF
Why? Just because the RAF are pikey bastards isn't an excuse for the army to act the same way.

Truxx

LE
Im fairly certain that some officers know that its unlikely they will move, but use the excuse that they might as reason to spank 7 years of CEA per child.
We all know it happens just as a few ORs on CEA in Gutersloh moved around the regiment.
Another loophole that people take advantage off and then wonder why CEA comes under scruntiny.
I thought that it was the liability for personnel to move in accordance with the needs of the service rather than the possibility of moving that underpinned the entitlement?

Want me to explain the difference between "liability" and "possibility"?

Euclid

War Hero
There was an LE Officer from the same battalion court martialed a few years back for perving in ladies’ khazis with a hidden camera I recall. Normally a REME senior officer pastime but it made its way to the Rifles.

I've already showed you why the flat rate benefits officers, using my example of a Junior rank with two kids who would struggle to pay 2 X 10% plus additional fees in any other school other than a state boarding school which would cost the MOD about 24k in CEA allowances. Where as you (if you had two kids) can afford 2 X 10% plus additional fees so you can spank the arse out of allowance and use 44k in allowances. The more you earn the more likely you are to use the CEA to its fullest. Who generally earns the most in the Army?

Going back to Windsor school in Germany, there was nothing stopping anyone with a child about to start 6th form from making them attend Windsor, then if the father got posted in the next two years, put the kid into boarding at Windsor and yet I can't recall a single officer (Although they may have been some that I didnt know about) who did that, (plenty of ORs did). That sort of tells me that its got less to do with continuity and more to do with going to the "right kind of school" partly subsidised by the taxpayer.
This.

I thought that it was the liability for personnel to move in accordance with the needs of the service rather than the possibility of moving that underpinned the entitlement?

Want me to explain the difference between "liability" and "possibility"?
There isnt much (if any) difference some people know full well they arent going to go anywhere unless they are very unlucky. So thats good enough to spank CEA.

Just to boil your fluids this morning, This is in one year group in one private school somewhere in the south of England:

Child one - father 1* family in MQ less than 1 mile from school gate, 3 siblings at school resident in area for 8 years but moved to private house to be within 300m of school. Father eventually moved to Garrison 40 miles away so had Staff Car pick him up every morning.

Child 2 - father JNCO family in MQ in Garrison 8 miles away 4 siblings in school did not move in 8 years.

Child 3 - father 1*, divorced initially serving local then moved to new assignement 30 miles away, 1 sibling at school. Mother (civilian) lived 10 miles from school and children lived with her full time. Children forced to go and stay with father for short periods during school holidays (much against their wishes).

Child 4 - Father SNCO lived opposite school gate 1 sibling also at school, father never left house to live elsewhere so employed locally full schooling period..

At today's rates that's £312,000 pa. yet none of them moved or went on ops (except quick medal qualification visits). From time to time kids would board but in two cases that meant walking past their own houses to get to the boarding house, so guess what?
When was this? Was this before the change in the rules in c 2012?

Euclid

War Hero
You cannot escape the fact that if you go back 30+ years BSA was a means (in many cases) of funding and sustaining an upper-middle class lifestyle of public school education that was otherwise unaffordable to a good chunk of the ‘Officer class’.

One merely had to take a look at some of the whinnying mares around some of the patches I lived on.

Truxx

LE
There isnt much (if any) difference some people know full well they arent going to go anywhere unless they are very unlucky. So thats good enough to spank CEA.
There is a world of difference.

One gets you the X factor for instance.

Just remind me. What point or points are you trying to make?

Truxx

LE
You cannot escape the fact that if you go back 30+ years BSA was a means (in many cases) of funding and sustaining an upper-middle class lifestyle of public school education that was otherwise unaffordable to a good chunk of the ‘Officer class’.

One merely had to take a look at some of the whinnying mares around some of the patches I lived on.
I do not disagree with the whining mares bit, and that was just the fathers.

Euclid

War Hero
There must be something in the air, or Carter has singularly failed to instil and maintain standards.
Listed for Court Martial this week....

RAMC Lt Col
QRH Maj
RMP Capt
Scots DG Capt.

Latest Threads