Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
He was RRF and a previous CO. At the time of this he was MA to Min AF. Thoroughly decent bloke. In possession of an MC.
Was? Is? I know anyone above the rank of Lt Col is technically Staff but how on earth would we have all those berets belts and accoutraments and Associations if they have left mentally?

Last edited:
I was referring to the weekend fcuk about, but I think you knew that! =)
The point of the "**** about" seems to be to save the tax payers a considerable amount of money.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Was? Is? I know anyone above the rank of Lt Col is technically Staff but how on earth would we have all those berets belts and accoutraments and Associations if they have left mentally?
Nobody leaves ‘mentally’ though do they? That’s at least half the problem.

@Stonker will recognise this - the legacy of amalgamation is 153 pages of RRF guidance about which recruiting area has precedence and what the drummers wear:

I’m all for tradition but Christ on a bike.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen. But taking a set of 20-30 folks to the US and staying in hotels? I’m sure that did happen, it’s just that I’m amazed a GPC wasn’t issued.

If you use your own card and you’re reimbursed I still can’t see how you should be allowed to profit from being on duty?

Especially on this thread! Someone out there will know the rules I’m sure.
That's what we used to do in BOWTAG. About 20 of us used to stay in hotels for a few weeks at a time whilst delivering training and the OC used to use the GPC to pay for bed and breakfast. The only thing I paid for up front was subsistence for lunch and dinner, subsequently claimed back on JPA. There was never an issue staying in hotels over weekends either, if we were in excess of a certain distance from our duty station, which was Bulford.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

You clearly do not understand the logistics of how the lawyers will work ...

He might be found guilty. He might go to jail. It will happen immediately he is sentenced. Therefore the lawyers will have asked for their money up front as it is far too difficult getting it back from a resident in HMP Chelmsford.

One less thing for him to worry about ;)

As for repayment, a large house in the country reportedly worth £800k. No problem.
unless it is in his wife's name

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
You mean like tracking her phone, using her diary or reading texts showing that they were trying to cover it up?

Council tax bills, utility usage, ANPR on cars, neighbours in Dorset, the LOE are extensive.

Nobody leaves ‘mentally’ though do they? That’s at least half the problem.

@Stonker will recognise this - the legacy of amalgamation is 153 pages of RRF guidance about which recruiting area has precedence and what the drummers wear:

I’m all for tradition but Christ on a bike.
When did they go from RRF to FUSILIERS? It would seem that as the regiment gets smaller, their abbreviation get longer.....

Council tax bills, utility usage, ANPR on cars, neighbours in Dorset, the LOE are extensive.
Surely the use of a Waitrose membership loyalty card would have them banged to rights - would show store used on the company`s computer system, after all who does not shop there if only for the free newspaper and previously Coffee

Archie

QRK2

LE
I am unsure why the MoD obsesses about air miles and bonus points. Does HMRC consider it a benefit in kind? If the army were to require me to spend substantial amounts of my own money on their business I would feel just as entitled to charge them fees for doing so. Can't have it both ways.

Yes they certainly used to and probably still do.

Surely the use of a Waitrose membership loyalty card would have them banged to rights - would show store used on the company`s computer system, after all who does not shop there if only for the free newspaper and previously Coffee

Archie

The pattern of life examples are endless. Electricity, gas usage in the house, WiFi etc.

When did they go from RRF to FUSILIERS? It would seem that as the regiment gets smaller, their abbreviation get longer.....
I've got a forty year old battalion tracksuit which answers that question.

We were chuffed to bits - nobody, absolutely no-fvcking-body - in the regiment liked being known only as a three letter abbreviation designed for staff duties in the field.

That said . . . . . . how fvcking many pages?!?!?!?!?

For a single battalion?!?!?!?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
They certainly are. It’s a miracle that the Police and the CPS can’t convict everyone they go after though - why is that do you think?

We were chuffed to bits - nobody, absolutely no-fvcking-body - in the regiment liked being known only as a three letter abbreviation designed for staff duties in the field.

How many pages do you think the next Handbook will contain when they announce the formation of the QRF (Queen’s Royal Fusiliers) in the forthcoming round of cuts, sorry, Defence Review?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

You tell me - it’s your ‘wegiment’:wink:

Latest Threads