Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

a member of a company
So a chef for Sodexo? Nice bit of obfuscation there so which of the Crown Strategic Suppliers do you work for? They are not a secret https://assets.publishing.service.g...1-19-strategic-suppliers-crown-reps-draft.pdf
And this role of yours? HR Manager? Finance Manager? Project Manager? Operations Manager, H&S? IT? Sales? Marketing? Security? Executive Board Director? Non Exec Director?. There are many more, my point is very very few supply chain employees know or would see the granular detail to make the assetion you have and of course if a Commercial Company loses a contract it is always the customers fault and never the ineptitude of their own staff.

Just in case MoD 'Strategic Suppliers': 19 Strategic Suppliers. These are Airbus, Babcock, BAE Systems, Boeing, Capita, Cobham, DXC, General Dynamics, KBR, Leidos, Leonardo, Lockheed Martin, MBDA, QinetiQ, Raytheon, Rolls-Royce, Serco, Thales, and Ultra-Electronics.

As for your other suggestion if you expect any user on here to disclose OFFICIAL (Whether SENSITIVE or not) or information that may border on SECRET on this site you need to take your head for a shake.

I cant remember ever signing something every day for an allowance, If I was away for a month, I claimed it all back at once.

How will it be easier to catch them? The point is you need to track the spouse and generally the army cant (unless someone grasses them up). Ticking a box once a day will be no different than claiming CEA once a year.

Jail time is a better way to deter fraud.
I seem to recall filling in a monthly chart for Residence to Place of Duty claims. For every given month, I put would put a tick in a box for each day I made the journey and submit it monthly. I was paid for each specific journey I made rather than receive a blanket payment.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Sorry I have totally different perspective. Normally 3 years for the Army and they did some Sterling work. Most not at the end of their careers and most went on to other DA jobs. However language training does take up a lot of time.
It's almost like we could post them somewhere earlier in their careers to develop cultural / language capabilities...

this has to be an army thing - I’ve genuinely never seen it with RN spouses.
And it's not confined to the Officers Mess either; rife in the WOs and Sgts Mess too.

I'll admit to a bit of naïveté here. When I was considering the Army, aged 15 or so, I didn't understand that the majority of the Army was posted overseas. BAOR accounted for approximately half, several regiments' worth in Honkers and Cyprus, not counting probably another couple regiments' worth in the US, Canada, Belgium, and the Netherlands. UK based units were predominantly training, and NI.

Given the prevalence of overseas postings in the 80s/90s, and the generation that it takes to change anything significant in the Army, it doesn't surprise me that VSOs and their families have attitudes stemming from back then. The defendant probably did regimental duty in Hohne or Osnabrück or similar, and had their characters so shaped. It doesn't excuse anything, but it might explain it.
Yes indeed! To my young eyes, in the late 80s, some of the practices and attitudes prevalent in the West Berlin Garrison at the time harked back to at least the 1950s. I noticed the same in Cyprus a decade later. It was as if news of the demise of the British Empire had not made it to these remote outposts!!

It's almost like we could post them somewhere earlier in their careers to develop cultural / language capabilities...
Not sure of the point you are making or is it an attempt at sarcasm? Language courses can take along time, and we don't have a full time DA pool who are removed from regimental duty at a young age and do exclusively DA things. Maybe we should.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yes indeed! To my young eyes, in the late 80s, some of the practices and attitudes prevalent in the West Berlin Garrison at the time harked back to at least the 1950s. I noticed the same in Cyprus a decade later. It was as if news of the demise of the British Empire had not made it to these remote outposts!!

Berlin was a ridiculous edge case, what with the Berlin Budget and all - officers' quarters with Putzfraus, FRIS, the exceptional welfare provision and access to Allied officers' goodies - the Pav du Lac, Commissary Class VI and all that. Certainly HM trusted and well-beloved friends could put on the dog considerably in Berlin, right up until the end.

Probably because the Navy has little or none of the toxicity brought about by obsession with cap badges :)
You'd like to think so . . .

Well it’s ‘possible’ but unlikely. Have a go at listing the 33% that aren’t required and those that should be done by OF5s.
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not sure of the point you are making or is it an attempt at sarcasm? Language courses can take along time, and we don't have a full time DA pool who are removed from regimental duty at a young age and do exclusively DA things. Maybe we should.
No, that would damage credibility with the receiving nation, I think. A smart OF-4 or -5, all gonged-up and with actual staff and/or command experience, clearly with some form, is the ideal man or woman to bulld relationships with the host nation.

Anyway, has the guilty bastard’s defence barrister had a go yet?

For there to be a trial, he must have plead NG. Which means he must have a defence. I’m all ears as to what that might be, ‘cos the prosecution’s offered up some pretty damning evidence.

Come to think of it, we may even have more *officers than horses- that’s bloody outrageous!
Two armies have more horses than tanks, British army and Nepalese Army

No, that would damage credibility with the receiving nation, I think. A smart OF-4 or -5, all gonged-up and with actual staff and/or command experience, clearly with some form, is the ideal man or woman to bulld relationships with the host nation.
My experience with US DA's is that this is what they do. An Assistant DA being withdrawn to go AFG or Eyeraq was viewed very favourably by the Host Nation.

Berlin was a ridiculous edge case, what with the Berlin Budget and all - officers' quarters with Putzfraus, FRIS, the exceptional welfare provision and access to Allied officers' goodies - the Pav du Lac, Commissary Class VI and all that. Certainly HM trusted and well-beloved friends could put on the dog considerably in Berlin, right up until the end.
Fair recompense for being 100 miles behind the lines! I had forgotten FRIS. Was that something to do with food?

not really...but I really do despise some of the social climbing service wives. Bettina Jordan Barber and her fat Cnut of a husband were the epitome. And if Gen Nick is found guilty, his wife will be added to the list.

I've met more than enough of these utter swabs, who have judged me based on their perception of my social standing as a lowly Corps type....at least the husbands normally get the bigger picture, but the arrogance of some of these blue-tighted, slack-fannied f*ckers drives me to defcon 10

I am really sorry but this just brought this chap into my mind