Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

I remember this!

It was ******* brilliant, the more the son cried on here, the more abuse he got, he was dyslexic (He said so), his posts were a bit messy, but his final post was written perfectly, almost as if daddy had done it for him, right before making a complaint.

It's some of the brats of these types that really take the biscuit for being utter knobheads, and you don't have to go to General Officer or even Field Officer rank for that to be evident.

The old "my dad's a..." line coming from someone who is a dense plank destined to rely on connections or a helpful marriage to get anywhere is as sad and ludicrous as ever.
Heard from a group of teenagers in the Red Fred canteen in Minden, many moons ago 'Oh, we can't go round with them, their dads aren't officers!'

QRK2

LE
It's some of the brats of these types that really take the biscuit for being utter knobheads, and you don't have to go to General Officer or even Field Officer rank for that to be evident.

The old "my dad's a..." line coming from someone who is a dense plank destined to rely on connections or a helpful marriage to get anywhere is as sad and ludicrous as ever.

Is that before or after said brat follows in parent's footsteps to RMAS?

That said one of the nicest people that I've worked for was the son of a Field Marshal.

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
That said one of the nicest people that I've worked for was the son of a Field Marshal.

Ditto for an Admiral's son I've worked with & for in the past.

It was ******* brilliant, the more the son cried on here, the more abuse he got, he was dyslexic (He said so), his posts were a bit messy, but his final post was written perfectly, almost as if daddy had done it for him, right before making a complaint.
My mate's son was on the treadmill in the gym at Abingdon when the 3 Regt QM came in and switched off the lights as 'You don't need to see where you're going'.

Looking at the 1* list... Remind me again how many Brigades the Army currently has?
As I have posted before in an ever diminishing Army it is possible up to a third of those posts are just 'vanity positions' which could likely be done away with without too much pain. I imagine the Spams for one are getting fed up of hosting so many with little or no hope of a return on investment. Of the remaining two third although important, there are quite a few which should quietly revert to OF5 to reflect the size of our Army and our place in the World Order.

As I have posted before in an ever diminishing Army it is possible up to a third of those posts are just 'vanity positions' which could likely be done away with without too much pain. I imagine the Spams for one are getting fed up of hosting so many with little or no hope of a return on investment. Of the remaining two third although important, there are quite a few which should quietly revert to OF5 to reflect the size of our Army and our place in the World Order.

The default rank for a formation command should be OF-5, only elevated to OF-6 where there is an absolute necessity. I would take OF-5's out of the General Staff too. This conceit that they can only become capbadge agnostic at this rank is ridiculous - look at the numbers of of SO1's, 2's and 3's serving perfectly successfully in E2 appointments.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Well it’s ‘possible’ but unlikely. Have a go at listing the 33% that aren’t required and those that should be done by OF5s.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
The default rank for a formation command should be OF-5, only elevated to OF-6 where there is an absolute necessity. I would take OF-5's out of the General Staff too. This conceit that they can only become capbadge agnostic at this rank is ridiculous - look at the numbers of of SO1's, 2's and 3's serving perfectly successfully in E2 appointments.
The GS is a cultural thing - joining it doesn't make anyone capbadge (or service) agnostic (more’s the pity) and the SO1 -3 aren’t any different.

Black belt anyone?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer