Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Interesting court martial on the horizon, General in the dock.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Highest ranking officer to face court martial since 1815.

I know from the Daily Mail.

nick_welch.jpg

About 40 years back I, and many others, used to regularly donate blood with the Army Blood Transfusion Service I think it was called.

In return you got a nice cup of tea, a couple of biccys and - most importantly - got chatting with some very pretty nurses.

Turns out that shed loads of Squaddie blood was being flogged off by a couple of high ranking Officers to foreign countries - and they were making serious money out of it - and had been for quite a while.

About 40 years back I, and many others, used to regularly donate blood with the Army Blood Transfusion Service I think it was called.

In return you got a nice cup of tea, a couple of biccys and - most importantly - got chatting with some very pretty nurses.

Turns out that shed loads of Squaddie blood was being flogged off by a couple of high ranking Officers to foreign countries - and they were making serious money out of it - and had been for quite a while.

Reminds me of the story if true of two QA officers in Germany who were caught making 'educational' films using the School of Nursing's equipment

Was he ex Gloucesters? I notice his Beret with Cameron.

If he loses, that's one hell of a pension he will not get.

I vaguely remember that. Weren't the officers in the RAMC and it all got quietly dropped. I can't recall anyone doing the long course at Colchester.

The article said that he retired in 2018 and is working at Bournemouth college, so he is already getting his pension. They won't be able to take it off him for a bit of CEA fraud. You have to commit treason or shag one of the Queens Corgis before they can even consider it.

Strikes me as rather a formality if the quoted numbers are to be believed.

Allowed to claim a maximum of £23,480 of public money, actually claimed around £50k (which will be a matter of verifiable record).

The Daily Mail has already demoted the fellow to Major so quite clearly, there can be no doubt of his guilt as charged... March the guilty bastard in Sgt Major.

Might have been the Army Blood Service by about 1986. At Worthy Down I got an ABS Vampire badge instead of a normal bronze donor badge cos they didn't have any. To go with the Iron Cross the DRK gave me in Osnabrück. It might have been the day I became the third human to connect to an aphoresis machine after a couple of Aldershot medics. First person in the wider Army community before going out into the community.