Interesting article, what defines 'good' or 'bad' wars

A good article.

Not sure if this is too flippant but any involvement by Blair seems to make a war "Bad!"

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I thought that the criteria for a "good" or "bad" war was simple. War against white racists = good. War against dusky racists = bad.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
If you win, it must have been a good war, surely.

It's depressing how many bad wars we've been involved in whilst claiming some sort of victory.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I would define a good war as one that is fought to protect those innocents unable to protect themselves. A good example would be the Sierra Leone intervention - The RUF were undeniably evil.

slag Blair off has much as you like the last Labour Government gave us some great kit, this lot have just cut us to the bone
That's because B'liar's lot were spending money they didn't have.

I bet you wouldn't be impressed if your missus had spent 10 years treating your domestic finances the same way as B'liar/Broon handled those of this Nation.

sguyw

LE
Not saying he is perfect but the kit was better under labour, fact
pity we can not afford anymore, they spent a little on a few bits of kit and gave the rest away to chavs.

sguyw

LE

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Not saying he is perfect but the kit was better under labour, fact

1. What wonder kit did we have under Labour that we don't have now?
2. If Labour was so wonderful, please talk us through all the shortages in 2003 and the reasons for them.

Labour's stock in trade was to commit the Army to a series of operations which were not properly funded, properly resourced or properly supported politically. They thought so highly of the post of Defence Minister that they made it a part time appointment, fact - as you would say.

blackpower

Clanker
better vehicles, mastiff an example, the Tory party has sold the UK forces down the river and now the nuclear deterrent needs replacing saying more cuts coming

sguyw

LE
They can stick the quota were the sun does not shine, Germany gives less, so the IMF downgraded them

Try borrowing money from them with an attitude like that.

better vehicles, mastiff an example, the Tory party has sold the UK forces down the river and now the nuclear deterrent needs replacing saying more cuts coming
Committing the Army to 2 simultaneous fights in neither of which they could possibly prevail was somehow doing everyone a favour?

dunno what you're supping, but I'd like a coupla kegs, please, in time for Xmas . . . .