Interesting article about the National Guard

And it seems they have similar issues...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6585217.stm

While most employers are understanding, some - particularly smaller firms - find it hard to cover for troops on long deployments and so are reluctant to take them on, he says.

msr

Yep. I think everybody accepts that it's one of the liabilities. It's very difficult to prove that you weren't hired as a result of your military service (even though it's illegal) unless they're particularly stupid about it, and, really, you can't blame a small business owner for discriminating on that basis.

NTM

msr said:
Sergeant 1st Class Thomas Morton, from Richmond, Virginia, came home to his wife and five children in January after almost 15 months away.

Since his return from Iraq, the 35-year-old has gone back to his regular job loading trucks.
Really, after 6 months of installing printer drivers and showing staff officers what the 'any key' was. SSgt Polar returned to his rather more important job than a hill billy yank had. Although he doesn't now have a wife because of the period of separation and her not coping with so many kids.

Although I'd agree in a few years time the difference will be minimal

polar said:
msr said:
Sergeant 1st Class Thomas Morton, from Richmond, Virginia, came home to his wife and five children in January after almost 15 months away.

Since his return from Iraq, the 35-year-old has gone back to his regular job loading trucks.
Really, after 6 months of installing printer drivers and showing staff officers what the 'any key' was. SSgt Polar returned to his rather more important job than a hill billy yank had. Although he doesn't now have a wife because of the period of separation and her not coping with so many kids.

Although I'd agree in a few years time the difference will be minimal
I can't believe this. After all, how many kids could she have had in the 6 months while you were away? It's not as if you were captured at Dunkirk. ;)

putteesinmyhands said:
I can't believe this. After all, how many kids could she have had in the 6 months while you were away? It's not as if you were captured at Dunkirk. ;)
Look she's a Leeds lass born and bread.. do I need to expand on that.