Interesting aircrew patch

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Cutaway, Apr 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Had a search but couldn't find this article on an interesting patch some foreign types are spoorting at the FIDAE airshow.

[​IMG]

Fcuk it, our pilots would probably stir it with an iffy patch if the headshed were more chilled.

2. With those two huge turds in the middle it looks like it's saying "I was there - and I shit myself"

• Like Like x 5
  3. Newsflash! Brits are not the only ones - Argentine pilots have a sense of humour too!

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

My point exactly.

I suppose their grown-ups are either more chilled or shriekingly passionate supporters of Op Rosario.
    With a different result.

5. Bit embarrassing being made to wear a reminder of a war that you lost.

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Apparently it's not over.

Maybe this bint has to sing first. [​IMG]

However she is looking into direct flights from BA to Mount Pleasant for reasons known only to herself.
    And the Estado Mayor Conjunto.

7. By 'eck thats a bit rough. Still, any port and all that.

8. Hmmm,

Argentina have applied prssure to Chile to stop their direct flights... and the flow of workers from Chile to FI. Flights to BA means less simple for Chilean workers, and direct control over commercial flights into the FI.

Simples. Unless you want to consider the coup de main described a few weeks ago by some remarkably sentient journo.

9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Maybe that's why the Argentines are flaunting the patches in Chile, sort of "Stop the flights senor, otherwise we'll give you a good arse-kicking like we did to the British."

(History has never been accurately taught in Argentina.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. What retards. It would be like a British patch reading "Singapore". Or something like that.

11. Erm...

[​IMG]

12. My favourite.

Attached Files:

• ha1.jpg
      ha1.jpg
      File size:
      12.1 KB
      Views:
  13. The badge was cut from and argie tail plane and was shot down by a rock on 18 sqn Chinooks using the GPMG in the AAAD role, and was a confirmed kill

Attached Files:

14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Don't MK have a gong with with a Cuito Cuanavale clasp ?
    ;-)

15. If they do, I don't why, it's not like they ever did much fighting anywhere, the fuckin walts...pretty sure it was FAPLA and Cubans our guys were facing there, maybe some PLAN too.