Interested in joining RMP - Questions... And yor experiences

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by robo_robert, Jun 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interested in joining RMP - Questions... And your experiences

I know there have been previous forums about this but I thought it would be good to start again, as I know they often get side tracked.

I’m 19 and looking into joining and curious about a few things. I don’t know much about the army, and obviously not much about RMP too. So would be grateful if you could give me some information about it. Also what’s your experience and would you recommend it?

I’m after info and comments from serving RMP and ex RMP, please no stupid answers from people.

- After both phase 1 and 2 training, do you actually have much free time, it says on the armyjobs site that weekend and evening are generally free, but is this actually the case? But if you were based in say Germany etc you cant exactly pop by and see your mates. What exactly do you do? Is it boring?

- Is there actually much policing work that you do?

- Again after phase 1 and 2 would you have your own room or share with how may people?

- How often do you change units, e.g. from Germany to a unit I the UK.

- How often can you see old friends and family, especially if you were based the other side of the UK or abroad.

And before you say, I will be popping into a career office, but just wanted to find some more info from the RMP side of things before hand.

I’ll look forward to reading your reply’s and general advice ad experience

Thanks in advance,

2. How f*cking unoriginal. Your other posts and the threads which you have started (the ones where you state that you are in fact a STAB), would appear to contradict your claim that you know nothing of the Army. Then again, you're a STAB so maybe you're right...

3. Wished i'd joined Civi Bill. Time off, dont be silly!

4. Edited for double tapping! See below!!

5. Short term for maybe 5 yrs, its fun and you get to do stuff your civvy mates think about doing. Long term, its crap!

6. You sussed him as well. What a bore

7. You hit the nail on the head.

8. Aw the man is an oxygen thief - persistently posting similar questions on here under numerous different user names - he has no real friends - don't play his game, ignore him

9. But i'm bored.... well maybe not that bored!

10. Oh come on you have to admit that its quite entertaining!?!

11. I've sobered up, so its not as entertaining as i first thought.

12. Thanks for you comment feckemall, I’ll bear that in mind. Shame other people don’t have positive comments to make.

And so you know I haven't used other user names! And this account is a friends that I think hardy used, just thought I’d use it to get some advice from some serving RMP.

If some members of RMP could give me some advice and answer some of those questions that would be most appreciated.

:)

13. JOIN THE RNP.

Same job, less danger, much better promotion prospects and better pay.

RMP will be swallowed up by the RNP and RAFP in about 5 years anyway.

14. JOIN THE RAFP OR THE RNP

15. Ha ha ha ha

RMP swallowed up by Jolly Jack 'Gang Plank Guards' and RAFP 'Rivet Counter Security Guards' ?

The combined service police idea has been kicking around since the Falklands. I'm sure it will happen one day,if the bean counters get their way, but that will be the day the Crushers and Snowdrops get issued a Red Cap :lol: