Interested in being interviewed?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by radioproducer, Apr 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm a radio producer, and I was hoping to find someone interested in being interviewed for a short feature. Basically the person would have to speak about 2 songs - one they "inherited" from a friend or family member, and one they would like to "pass on" to a child or future generations. Ideally, you'd have a story attached to both songs. The interview would be pre-recorded and conducted in person.

Interested? Drop me a line. If you are currently serving, we would need to get clearance from MOD.

Thanks,

Radio Producer

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Moved from CA by mod.

3. Have you asked Devil_Dog? :?

4. 1. I'm not intersted, just curious about a few points.
    2. What radio station?
    3. You seem to be specifically after Current/Ex serving personnel.(Forgive me if this is the wrong impression but why else would you be posting on here?) Why won't somebody off of the street suffice?

Regards

F_G (Bonnet)

5. Hi there Father_Gundulph.

It's for BBC Radio 4.
    We do this feature regularly with all sorts of people, from the street, famous, listeners etc.
    I was interested in speaking with someone from the military for all sorts of reasons - we sometimes struggle with getting younger people, and I also thought that when serving, there might be songs that make people think of home or vice versa.
    Really just looking for interesting stories, so if you think you fit the bill, please get in touch.

Thanks,

Radio Producer

6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've heard this prog (or one v similar) on BBC Radio 4. Some of the interviewees have been 'slebs' but I'm sure there have been some 'ordinaries'.

The music is a hook for the subject to talk about the values they have inherited and the values they wish to pass on. I could well see why they might be interested in a military person and it would be good KAPE stuff.

7. Hey BuggerAll,

Definitely sounds like you've heard the feature before. By the way, what does KAPE stand for?

8. Keeping the Army in the Public Eye

9. Ahh, excellent. I will make a mental note....

10. Thanks for reply Rad.Prod. It has cleared things up nicely! Not heard the feature myself although i do only get time to listen to part of the Today program in the morning, but good luck with the search.

F_G

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Sounds like a fine idea...

trouble is, all the songs I learned in the army involve prostitutes or swearing or both.

I knew an engineer before he died...

If I had to name two commerical songs however I'm afriad its the Spice Girls debut Wannabe which came out whilst I was in Bos and all the lads were dancing around the vehicle park to it and to pass on, Perfect Day, which played at the end of our wedding reception. Not sure what the message would be though!

No, no interview for me thanks but I hope some of my colleagues can help.