Intense

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Scotto103, Feb 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey

in a rateing of 1 to 10 how intense is the PHASES of training in the army?

id like to know this as i am training extreamly hard to get my fitness to a level where i should be able to cope easy enough.

i have been told that it could take up to 4 or 6 months to actually get into the army, depending on what role i wish to take up, id like to know if going to the gym 4 or 3 times a week spending 20mins running and 20 mins weight training each time i go, will doing this for at least 4 months have me prepared for what the army training is going to be like?

2. Right mate if your going infantry i would reccomend just running your 1.5 twice a week (one steady and one best effort) and get a longer run in at the end of the week like 4-6 miler, Also no need to do weights just practice doing body weight exercises, i.e pull ups, press ups sit ups , burpees, triceps dips etc etc

3. ok thanks :D

4. Try not to do only treadmill training, when you go outside and start to face the cold/heat/wind/rain/snow you'll find it alot more difficult outside. The more you get outside to run the better :)