Intenational blokes day. The ladies have had their 15 minutes of fame, so how about us blokes?

It seems only right and correct that us chaps should showcase our talents and vastly superior knowledge of all things Mechanical, electrical, & automotive, , as the history books show, people like Trevor Baylis, him of wind up radio fame, and George Stephenson, who invented overpriced & overcrowded trains, along with our greatest engineer, Isambard kingdom Brunel, whose Clifton suspension bridge is the UK mecca for suicides. Not forgetting Dr Alexandra Fleming, who discovered penicillin, which allowed the Saturday night knee trembler behind the chip shop to be cured, without fuss, and without the old lady finding out,. The list is endless, and so gentlemen, its over to you, who do you think should be applauded and venerated as the geezer who contributed to the advancement of the superior gender, and should be crowned,:applaud::applaud::applaud: Top Bloke?

" A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke".......Groucho Marx. 1890-1977.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It seems only right and correct that us chaps should showcase our talents and vastly superior knowledge of all things Mechanical, electrical, & automotive, , as the history books show, people like Trevor Baylis, him of wind up radio fame, and George Stephenson, who invented overpriced & overcrowded trains, along with our greatest engineer, Isambard kingdom Brunel, whose Clifton suspension bridge is the UK mecca for suicides. Not forgetting Dr Alexandra Fleming, who discovered penicillin, which allowed the Saturday night knee trembler behind the chip shop to be cured, without fuss, and without the old lady finding out,. The list is endless, and so gentlemen, its over to you, who do you think should be applauded and venerated as the geezer who contributed to the advancement of the superior gender, and should be crowned,:applaud::applaud::applaud: Top Bloke?

" A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke".......Groucho Marx. 1890-1977.
Same day every year - International Men's Day - Wikipedia

Every day is Men's Day. . . . . . . . apparently.

ETA: I'd nominate that cheeky scamp Peter Sutcliffe just for sh!ts & giggles. Can you imagine the episode of Loose Women if that ever happened? It would be delicious.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Reading this thread, I am reminded of one of my early and definitely better & formative bosses words. He would NEVER employ any woman in a position of responsibility apart from secretaries. He reckoned that for at least 25% of the time pre/during/post menstruation, they were irrational to the point of lunacy. If they were still fertile and didn't have children, they would demand time off to have them & then take innumerable days off when they were sick etc. He reckoned that it took 5 or 6 women to do the work effectively that 4 men would do!
He went on to become the Managing Director of a still functioning successful retail chain!
So Men are definitely better in business.
Phew I hope Mumsnet doesn't get to read this :)

Reading this thread, I am reminded of one of my early and definitely better & formative bosses words. He would NEVER employ any woman in a position of responsibility apart from secretaries. He reckoned that for at least 25% of the time pre/during/post menstruation, they were irrational to the point of lunacy. If they were still fertile and didn't have children, they would demand time off to have them & then take innumerable days off when they were sick etc. He reckoned that it took 5 or 6 women to do the work effectively that 4 men would do!
He went on to become the Managing Director of a still functioning successful retail chain!
So Men are definitely better in business.
Phew I hope Mumsnet doesn't get to read this :)
And then they hit the Menopause and hit new heights of insanity and unreasonableness, just don't laugh that it's got men in the word menopause or they go postal

Every day is Men's Day. . . . . . . . apparently.

ETA: I'd nominate that cheeky scamp Peter Sutcliffe just for sh!ts & giggles. Can you imagine the episode of Loose Women if that ever happened? It would be delicious.
Why the fuck are you watching loose women?
Is there something you'd like to tell us?