Intelligent squaddies planned by Labour

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Kromeriz, Jun 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1

• Like Like x 5
  2. Maybe putting more resources into the sector that is supposed to educate people before going out into the big, bad world might be money better spent. I always thought the Army did quite well in taking youngsters badly let down by the failing education system and giving them a fair grounding in literacy skills.
    • Like Like x 29
  3. It will make their job easier in Bradford to be honest
  4. What ? Risk criticizing their paymasters who coughed up 88% of Labour party funding in 2010.....?
  5. FHA

FHA LE

What he said (well, all the services per se.)
    This is why I think we are at the level where any further cutbacks in manpower are a false economy.
  6. The electorate are more likely to trust Ian Huntley at a f***ing kindergarten than they ever are to trust Labour with the economy, defence or welfare spending any time soon.

Cheap, eye-catching, headline-grabbing nonsense. Despite all their rhetoric, they really haven't moved on from the "Government by PR machine" ethos that defined the Tony Blair years, have they?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Does this mean I would have been taught how to say "Drop the f***ing AK, or I'll blow your f***ing head off" in all the languages of Her Majesty's enemies? If so, then excellent. If it means I would be taught how to hug bunnies, trees and clouds, then I'll pass, thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I would imagine that most - if not all - companies teaching 'cultural awareness' are owned and run by Guardian readers, and a bet a fair few are also 'FoT' - Friends of Tony.
  9. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

It makes the rather patronising assumption that there isn't intelligence already there.

Some of the most astute observers of politics and world affairs that I've ever met have been service-people, largely because they've been at the sharp end, seen what really went on and know what really works, rather than some safe-at-home politician with lofty ideals.

My immediate worry is that this - if it ever comes to fruition - will be more of an attempt to reinforce/instil 'accepted' ways of thinking (accepted, that is, by the Labour Party) rather than something which will result in something which benefits the individual concerned and society/the world as a whole.

exbleep hits many nails on the head in the post above.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. I seem to remember Tony's "education, education, education" speech in 1997. Surely 15 years on, the shining products of Labours brilliant education policy are just about to apply for jobs in the Army. I doubt they will need any further education from a thick 30 something NCO who by definition is a product of Tory mis-education of the 80's and 90's.
  11. I don't see it catching on - does this mean no more naked bar?
  12. What a load of crap... This is more thinking from the line of...

"we want all nurses to be graduates"

"we want all prison officers to be graduates"

I will say no more
    • Like Like x 3