Intelligent Armour Multicam iPad travel case

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by PrinceAlbert, Aug 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Every one of us, especially squaddies, has the yearning for any bit of kit that is Gucci, or ally. The things that make your life that little bit more comfortable, easier, or even just to make your mates jealous.

I'm a firm believer that "the boy with the most toys wins" and being a bit of a flash twat, I like to have the latest gadget or bit of tech that comes on the market. The only issue with this is “how do I keep them protected?” when in arduous conditions.

Being impressed with Intelligent Armours Nexus 7/Kindle travel case I made the logical leap to purchase their Multicam iPad carry case. The iPad travel case is made from Crye 2-way stretch NanoSphere 40D Multicam fabric, with an excellent padded interior lining made from Potomac Field Gear's Advanced Protective Fabric. This fabric really helps looks after the iPad as it is fire resistant, sweat-wicking, anti-microbial, anti-odour, temperature regulating, antistatic, and UV protecting!

In true IA fashion, the case arrived by recorded delivery the following day and again; I was impressed by the quality. It is well made, well stitched and certainly looks the part. The case has a large internal compartment that is sealed by a Velcro flap (34.5cm wide, 24cm tall). It also has an external zipped compartment which is handy for your charging cable, and another open pocket, both running the length of the case offering good storage space.

I have used the case for the past few days, and I’m very happy with it. I’ve had the confidence to toss my iPad into the boot of my car when travelling and it’s survived the bumps and knocks that it will have taken from the other random objects I keep in there. The only possible drawback to this case is that the case is possibly a little too wide for the iPad, which will allow it to slide back and forth, but this is by no means a deal breaker. If you’re handy with as sewing kit you can turn this to your advantage by making two compartments out of the one and putting two devices inside it.

This case is retailing at £45, so it’s not the cheapest case on the market, but I think it’s certainly worth the money when you look at the protection it offers. It’s certainly cheaper than the excess you’ll pay on your insurance claim had you not bought one.

IA is also offering a 10% discount if you use the code UKF09, so grab yourself a bargain whilst you can.

Another lovely bit of kit from IA that offers piece of mind for my tech. Not the cheapest case out there, but no other case offers the same protection as this. Definitely worth the pennies!
  2. I bought the Kindle version after seeing it advertised on a US website, even without the discount it's worth the money. It's a bit sad but who cares, it's well made and I like the fact that I can carry the charging cable as well.
  3. Did you not see the review I did on it?