Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intelligence Doubt.

ZW Clanger

Old-Salt
Good Evening people, I am a mum who at 00:14( I'm now reposting here at 06:35) I'm writing on here concerned.
I have a daughter who is only a few weeks away from completely her basic phase 1 training in Pirbright, she started this army journey over a year ago wanting to apply for the Intelligence corps linguistics/language role. She has been to uni, learnt Japanese, a Gcse in Spanish & has self taught some Korean. She saw all the positives, passed so many tests, vetting, drill, inspections & PT etc Her revision, perseverance & fitness has excelled (even though she is a creature of comfort) I am very proud of what she has achieved(especially under these virus constrictions). And with phase 2 in chicksands around the corner, she is well on her way to doing what she loves.
SO this week she has declared that the army path to translation/languages is now not for her!!!? I've tried to get to the bottom of it, its caused a lot of raised voices. To say I'm not disappointed is an understatement, I feel she will be making a huge mistake giving up now.
I believe she worries about the job role being still heavily PT & full exercises. She has been bombarded with lots of info, which I believe she's only hearing the negatives? She still wants to do languages/translation but on civi street. This does not compute in my head. What can I do? Is there anyone out there in this type of role who can give her an insight/realities of this role? Think she needs someone to speak to.
I'm gutted she's got this far to throw in the towel. She has a lot to offer but I feel she is now on a 'downer' and in flee mode.
Any advice, reassurance or help for both her & myself would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Kindest regards
Kelzi. ☹
Happy to discuss over a bottle of wine and some roasted peanuts.

Latest Threads