Intelligence Corps

He's done a bit in Ashford and a bit in CHX. He was always slightly grumpier the further North he went. He did enjoy Crowborough.
He's in a minority of one there! Been there, hated it. My Dad (see other posts in the Corps forum) was on TA Camp at Crowborough in '65 when I appeared (my Mum always said ironing 15 shirts induced labour) and was offered three days leave. In true Corps style he replied "48 hours will do, Sir"

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I’d had a good run of reports after commissioning but narrowly missed my first look at Major then ran into a 1RO who did not think much of me. She said on the phone to me “I think you have peaked and have no idea how you were ever selected for commission” I pointed out to her that I had finished with the highest mark of all 50 odd candidates for all branches of the corps at my year’s board. She replied “Well they obviously weren’t doing their job”. I said “So is that a recommendation then Colonel?” She said “You are not taking this seriously, Devex”. My response of “Well you started it” and putting the phone down on her may not have helped. (I learned much at the @Glad_its_all_over Tact and Diplomacy Academy)

A week later I went to see my 2RO, a very genial, late RSignals Brigadier who laughed at my report and said Colonel Xxxxxx doesn’t like you much does she? Don’t worry, I’ve read your other reports and your soldier reports from the Int Corps and we’ll put this one down to a clash of personalities. He pointed out that she’d done me a favour, as without a recommendation I couldn’t have acting rank for my imminent SO2 spot in ‘sandy parts’ so if I did well as a visible Captain it would be better for me. As it was I had a fantastic tour, was reported on vary favourably by two infanteers came back to a great job in the language world (Adjt at DSL for them that know) and got promoted. We were dined out on retirement at the same Branch dinner...we didn’t speak
Sometimes you read things which just make you so proud. The Force is strong in this one.

He's in a minority of one there! Been there, hated it. My Dad (see other posts in the Corps forum) was on TA Camp at Crowborough in '65 when I appeared (my Mum always said ironing 15 shirts induced labour) and was offered three days leave. In true Corps style he replied "48 hours will do, Sir"
I suspect @walrusboy had his tongue firmly in his cheek when he typed that comment.

Jim_Research

Old-Salt
Dear informed persons. In my last three years in the Corps, I recall that instead of wearing a hat badge Wo1s and officers wore a collar badge in the beret. Am I correct or is it just a bad dream? Edited to add that was 1980-83

Dear informed persons. In my last three years in the Corps, I recall that instead of wearing a hat badge Wo1s and officers wore a collar badge in the beret. Am I correct or is it just a bad dream? Edited to add that was 1980-83
In my Dad's day ('48-'67) ORs wore a brass badge and Officers a 'silver' one of the same size. By the time I joined in '87 officers were wearing a small size silver metal badge, later moving to a woven cloth badge