Intelligence Corps pullover

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by subbsonic, Apr 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good call Corps Adjt, but why did you have to wait until I had left before you brought it back?
    Will the chip bag follow as well to help differentiate from the SPS? ( Big Army dress committee failure there about 30 years ago)

I'll get one anyway, but tell the folks at work its from Nichole Farhi.

Perhaps you could be really original and be the first Corps to get one made in fleece? At least you could start to ensure some uniformity.....
    [​IMG]

Its going to look fantastic with trews and a diggeridoo

I look forward to seeing the next Coy photograph in R+L ........................................................Mrs Raven

Someone else will have to start a poll on this

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

What what what what what... splutter splutter? Down here at the back end of the food chain this means nothing. Are we getting a special pullover? Enlighten us.

3. I rather think that our original Corps pullover from the 50's, 60's and 70's is simply coming home again.

The advent of the green wooly pully seemed to bring on the demise of the cap-badge specific pullover in some parts of the Army. Those whose Director went to better schools must have held out against the Borg collective.

Note to JSSO: Prize for spotting first Intelligence Corps pullover with an embroidered drab name-tag on it

Like me, others may now be eagerly awaiting the Dress Committe's proposal on a French Grey barrack dress trouser + skirt. Now there's a big debate: Moleskin, needlecord or swiss cotton?
    West Atlantic C J may just be in a minority when he suggests tweed, and a Corps Covert coat.

Now before we get on to the Corps Chukka boot ....or is it a trail shoe? a loafer perhaps????

* CP if you were not appraised before now, you should bring your ICA Regional Sec to book

4. Corps Adjutant?

When did we get one of those?

What does it do?

5. Yet someone else who needs to consult with their ICA Regional Sec or G1 representative. Was it even in Cognitio??

6. I used to have a Special pair of Lightweight Trousers, which I thought should be Corps-wide issue, as they were miles more comfortable than the issued tat. The Corps RSM thought they were Special, too, but disagreed with me on a number of technicalities.

7. I recall in days gone by my barrack dress was almost all civvie purchase and comfortable too: shirt and trousers, from a gents natty outfitters (yes that's natty not tatty), nice brown shoes (details of under garments not included here for the sake of decency) and socks in various hues of pale brown. The jersey green, worn in the winter chill period, came from a Jaegar factory shop nearby, now sadly closed (the shop that is). The essential accoutrements: beret, hat badge and rank badge were from that master of acquisition the QM and his team of henchmen, thieves and book keepers.

8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Being of 1980s vintage I missed out on the Corps pullover and, to be honest, I don't think I've ever seen one. Anyone got any pictures of this sartorial gem in action?

9. It won't include me in a woolley pully that for sure - especially if its bright green. None of the pictures of me in that august publication have ever been particularly flattering - I look forward to a career in the radio went I get out :pukel:

10. It won't include me in a woolley pully that for sure - especially if its bright green. None of the pictures of me in that august publication have ever been particularly flattering - I look forward to a career in the radio went I get out :pukel:

11. It won't include me in a woolley pully that for sure - especially if its bright green. None of the pictures of me in that august publication have ever been particularly flattering - I look forward to a career in the radio went I get out :pukel:

12. Congratulations Mrs R - a triple bang

13. It was a woolly pully dyed Boots Green and put through the commercial washer on the 'heavy duty' cycle ("Wash'n'Go", Kennington) three times, and then dried at 'Cyclone' setting.

Class.

14. The mistake was to put your OGs in at the same time!

15. Never; that would be sacrilege. OGs had to be carefully faded and 'peached' to give them that 'used in dangerous places' look. A few small professionally-stitched rips, in the 'Claymore spread' pattern, made them acceptable to be worn in REMF company back at Base. Lack of a tan, of course, destroyed the illusion, and led to accusations of a current posting in the knicker factory, Lurgan. Or even more demeaningly, York.