Intel unit - Northamptonshire?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Arkasha, Feb 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

I have had a look through quite a few threads and can't find the answer to my question. I have also spoken to my local Army office and they didn't know. Simple question - I live in Northamptonshire and am interested in joining an Intel unit, is my nearest option Bedford (Chicksands)?

Many thanks.
  2. What's intel?
  3. Too fast for me Sir!
  4. Sorry, Intelligence. It's a common abbreviation where I work, shouldn't have assumed it was the case for the TA.
  5. Summat to do with computers I think.
  6. Believe me, it's the same abbreviation for Regular or TA. One Army dontcha know.

Why not use the search page on the Army website: In Your Area
  7. Presumably you want to join the TA. Contact the TA recruitment people and tell them what you are interested in and take it from there. You have to jump thru a few hoops before you will go anywhere near Int work even if you are in the Police or Customs and use words like Intel.
  8. Note to self - people don't like the word "Intel"...Thanks for the replies. I have found a suitable contact point and the process is underway.
  9. Good luck, make sure you get partway what you want and not completely what they want to fit you into.
  10. Yes, they make those PC computer systems. I have one at my granny's house.
  11. For details of your nearest INT Corps Unit contact;

Headquarters, 5 Military Intelligence Battalion(V)

I suspect your nearest Coy is 55 MI Coy (V) in Birmingham (Stourbridge), but they may have dets closer to you

3 Military Intelligence Battalion (Volunteers)

London based, but travel is an option for this unit.

Nothing for you at Chicksands until your trained.

Give the units a call and they'll be happy to discuss your options.
  12. I'm in 3 MI, live in the OP's area and have a half hour drive most weekends - not all 3 MI work is in central London. Other weekends, it's the train into London. So it's eminently doable.