• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Intel unit - Northamptonshire?

Hi.

I have had a look through quite a few threads and can't find the answer to my question. I have also spoken to my local Army office and they didn't know. Simple question - I live in Northamptonshire and am interested in joining an Intel unit, is my nearest option Bedford (Chicksands)?

Many thanks.

Hi.

I have had a look through quite a few threads and can't find the answer to my question. I have also spoken to my local Army office and they didn't know. Simple question - I live in Northamptonshire and am interested in joining an Intel unit, is my nearest option Bedford (Chicksands)?

Many thanks.
Presumably you want to join the TA. Contact the TA recruitment people and tell them what you are interested in and take it from there. You have to jump thru a few hoops before you will go anywhere near Int work even if you are in the Police or Customs and use words like Intel.

Note to self - people don't like the word "Intel"...Thanks for the replies. I have found a suitable contact point and the process is underway.

Hi.

Many thanks.
For details of your nearest INT Corps Unit contact;

Headquarters, 5 Military Intelligence Battalion(V)

I suspect your nearest Coy is 55 MI Coy (V) in Birmingham (Stourbridge), but they may have dets closer to you

or

3 Military Intelligence Battalion (Volunteers)

London based, but travel is an option for this unit.

Nothing for you at Chicksands until your trained.

Give the units a call and they'll be happy to discuss your options.

I'm in 3 MI, live in the OP's area and have a half hour drive most weekends - not all 3 MI work is in central London. Other weekends, it's the train into London. So it's eminently doable.

Latest Threads