Intel or AMD?

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
cool-story-bro.jpg

endure

GCM
I post stuff that I think might interest nerds. If it doesn't then they're obviously not nerdy enough :wink:

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
There is little performance difference between Intel & AMD chips for a given spec.

Architecture differences mean that Intel are better at some things and AMD better [faster] at other tasks.

I have PCs with both AMD and Intel chips and both perform perfectly well. Will make no noticeable difference within an XBOX.

Daz

LE
My post is about the introduction of the original Xbox. That's why it's in the Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets forum.
Still random shit of the internet

endure

GCM
There is little performance difference between Intel & AMD chips for a given spec.

Architecture differences mean that Intel are better at some things and AMD better [faster] at other tasks.

I have PCs with both AMD and Intel chips and both perform perfectly well. Will make no noticeable difference within an XBOX.
Did you watch the video? AMD spent 18 months with Msoft developing the original Xbox. On the day of the announcement as AMD engineers were in the front row and the AMD machines were running demos Bill popped his head round the door and said 'by the way we're going to be using Intel instead'.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I post stuff that I think might interest nerds. If it doesn't then they're obviously not nerdy enough :wink:
I meant the guy on the video. He even looks like an older version of the meme kid.

Latest Threads