Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Integrity

Yokel

LE
I think the corrosion in public trust in our institutions has been due to a decline in personal integrity, coupled with a shambolic information policy that leaves open goals for conspiracy theorists and foreign Governments seeking to make trouble and weaken our Government and society.

We are seeing the results with all the anti vaccination types spouting nonsense, anti mask types, and anti lockdown protesters.

I think the corrosion in public trust in our institutions has been due to a decline in personal integrity, coupled with a shambolic information policy that leaves open goals for conspiracy theorists and foreign Governments seeking to make trouble and weaken our Government and society.

We are seeing the results with all the anti vaccination types spouting nonsense, anti mask types, and anti lockdown protesters.
It’s also down to a lot of people who now feel empowered show their true colours on social media knowing that the will either be gaslighted or encouraged to go deeper into the extreme rabbit hole.

Take for example the stereotype that all “rape gangs” are Pakistani or Muslim“, forgetting all the other ones, only people of non white skin are traffickers while ignoring the 39 killed in a truck.

Certain posters on this forum are loving the weapons free narrative, especially when they * out letters to get their chuckles.

Yokel

LE
Certain posters on this site richly deserve to be beaten to death with a giant rubber cock! As long as it is not black, and ideally made by slaves, and has nothing to do with Science. Empowering those who lack intelligence or with things to hide is not a good idea.

False information can easily line up the holes in the Swiss Chasse.

Integrity is easy. See rule two of my three rules of policing.

1. You can only deal with what’s in front of you.
2. Do the right thing even when no one is watching and if it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
3. (Polite version) No plan survives contact with the enemy. (Real version) Never think about a problem for longer than it takes to have a Pot Noodle and a w@nk.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the decline in Britain coincides with the break up of family clans,in der ole days families all lived near each other to provide a social protection . Now with families splitting up all over the place there no one to enforce discipline or assist in hard times like the old matriarch used to do .

As an aside , i remember that in order to get a council house you had to have a job and provide some sort of proof that you could pay the rent . Once a year and sometimes twice the local authority would inspect the house to ensure that it was being well kept. There were rules the most famous one being no laundry allowed on the lines on a Sunday .
People felt (wrongly) that they owned the house and on the whole treated it accordingly. There wasnt so much stigma in being a council house dweller and your families on the whole lived close by.

Yokel

LE
One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

I seem to remember reading an article by that well known left winger Margaret Thatcher in which she agreed there had been some justification for the ANC armed struggle, in that non whites were denied basic rights under Apartheid and were frequently subject to very aggressive treatment by the state.

Mandela was involved in the peaceful transition and avoiding mass blood letting.

Last edited:

chimera

LE
I seem to remember reading an article by that well known lefty winger Margaret Thatcher in which she agreed there had been some justification for the ANC armed struggle, in that non whites were denied basic rights under Apartheid and were frequently subject to very aggressive treatment by the state.

Mandela was involved in the peaceful transition and avoiding mass blood letting.

Very interesting chapter in the final volume of Thatcher's biography covering her influential role in ending apartheid, and her relationship with the ANC and SA Govt of the time. Although always depicted by the liberal left as being a supporter of the SA regime, she was anything but. She is credited by F W de Klerk and others for doing more than anyone else on the world stage at the time to secure Mandela's release by back channel political pressure on the SA Govt as part of the political transition that started once PW Botha fell from power.

Her views on the ANC were also pragmatically political and clear. When people challenged her "no negotiation with the IRA" line with her view that the ANC should be brought into the political process, her response was simple: Irish Republicans can vote for Sinn Fein/IRA, but black South Africans cannot vote for the ANC without being given the vote.

Latest Threads