Intake cancelled but wanting pay

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
How is he being fucked about by professionals? The Army is protecting people by not bringing a group of people together from all over the country and putting them in the same room.
Stop talking shite, I bet you were one of the shitcnuts who did three years and got out before a tour because you're a weasel, and whined the entire time
The Army is not protecting anyone, the Army is now hopelessly gay.

Give them all their CBRN kit, or whatever it's called nowadays, and a copy of Protect and Survive. Anyone catching the lurgy gets binned, though not before everyone gets to practice the triage thing and say things like"No duff, you're P1".

Recruits are trained in desolate spots so they will be the best protected citizens in the country. If they get the plague they can soldier on - the whole point of Basic is to learn to breathe out of your arrse anyway.

If they die, they are clearly too weak for the Army, it saves time and money if their weakness is exposed sooner rather than later and it demystifies death and promotes resilience for the rest of the intake.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Take the supermarket job. Ensure that you have some buckshee bog rolls to entice that fit bird that's way outta your league.
My contact assures me that more than a few liaisons with the opposite sex occur when the aisles are full and the shop is closed to the public
the CCTV does not see everywhere

29th March. Am keeping fit gents.

Can’t do retail have done it for years before construction. Money is crap and you’re not treated well. Wouldn’t get out of bed for minimum wage pay unless it was army.
I worked retail part-time evenings in the late 80s and we were paid fcuk all and treated like shit then. Some things never change.

But maybe they will treat you less shit now? If some supervisor twat gets all passive-aggressive with you over being 1 min late from your lunchbreak, simply smash him in the grid with a litre bottle of vodka and jump up and down on his head screaming 'Airborne' and 'Death from above'

I wouldnt be rushing to training at the moment. Its all gone pete tong. I know this as Master CH is up at Catterick confined to the blocks because someone coughed and had a runny nose. Most are being sent home as well....bizzare as that seems.

I wouldnt be rushing to training at the moment. Its all gone pete tong. I know this as Master CH is up at Catterick confined to the blocks because someone coughed and had a runny nose. Most are being sent home as well....bizzare as that seems.
What trade‘s he going for?

What trade‘s he going for?
As much as i did not agree, Inf. There is a particular reason he has but he seems to be sailing through it at moment so as long as he is happy then i am.

GDog

Swinger
Have just heard a Collingrad pipe doing the rounds and my conclusion was the management haven't got a Scooby

"Maintain social distancing"
"But go to your classes"
"But if they aren't on inform your DO and go to your messdeck - BUT SOCIAL DISTANCE"
"But half the staff might not be on site or may try to work at home but they can't if the IT isn't suitable"
"We don't know if we need you for MACA or if Easter leave is a thing but you're staying here until we work it out"
"Don't punch the OOD or you'll get discharged"
"Everyone's locker to be inspected for booze"

Not to forget subsidised accommodation, subsidised food, free utilities, and non contributory pension countributions.
... while you're on your 6-12 month 'tour' meeting the locals in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kosovo, etc.

I'll hazard a guess that while you were 'stagging on' as a steward in the Cpl's Club somewhere west of the IGB (if in fact you served at all), your only talk about 'subsidised accommodation, subsidised food, free utilities, and non contributory pension countributions' was their poor quality and that you weren't getting enough of them.

By your carping, you're looking like one of PoGo's mates - 'one of the shitcnuts who did three years and got out before a tour because you're a weasel, and whined the entire time'.

Last edited:
Retail security, hospital security,
No licence, no work. So in the middle of lockdown hes got to find SIA approved course, then send all his paperwork off to the SIA which is an agency famed for its fast efficient service...(Sarcasm in mega-ton range)

Not to forget subsidised accommodation, subsidised food, free utilities, and non contributory pension countributions.
Most youngsters live with their parent so offering them subsidized accommodation isn't as great as it sounds especially as some places still have shared rooms and/or you wouldn't be allowed to house prisoners in the rooms because of the state of them.
The food is getting worse in most places, a lot of soldiers do not have the option of cooking themselves.
While the utilities aren't directly paid for, the electric and water costs for a room are hardly a fortune
Most soldiers will never get an immediate pension.

That's not to say 20k, plus the above isn't bad for an 18 year old with no quals, its not the fantastic bargain the Army would have you believe.

Last edited:
No licence, no work. So in the middle of lockdown hes got to find SIA approved course, then send all his paperwork off to the SIA which is an agency famed for its fast efficient service...(Sarcasm in mega-ton range)
Fair point, although a few SO on my site are a bit sheepish when asked to produce. And yes, SIA are shit at comms.

Fair point, although a few SO on my site are a bit sheepish when asked to produce. And yes, SIA are shit at comms.
No badge, no work. Any agency turn up here without a badge get shown the door.

Latest Threads