Intake cancelled but wanting pay

Looks like he thinks they're going to make him work for £90 a week. Perhaps he's simply confused. Be good material for jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane. :cool:

You sound much too proud to do work that is beneath you. When you get to phase one, make sure your training staff know this and inform them that you are not willing to do any menial tasks as you were a highly skilled construction worker. This will ensure you will be tasked with work that is befitting of someone of your obvious calibre.
The block job roster will be surely a joy to behold.

Mick9abf

War Hero
Actually I think this is a wind up from someone sat at home bored.
Quite possibly but if it’s not and in a couple of years time the OP is in the stores folding cam nets and oiling shovels (GS) after a dog shit exercise, he’ll maybe see that stacking the odd shelf inside a dry warm Tesco whilst letching at female staff and customers when he’s skint maybe ain’t that shit - just saying :grin:

To quote yourself, “money is crap and you’re not treated well”

Well wtf are you expecting from the army?
A six figure sum and weekends at the fecking Savoy all paid for and waited on seven days a week?
Oh my have you got a shock coming to you.
Should’ve signed up to the Air Force

Give him 6 months and he will be on here asking what day payday is.

As for setting his level of worth, I don’t have a problem if he doesn’t want to stack shelves. I know quite a few soldiers who based their service on promotion, if they hadn’t picked up the next rank by a certain date they signed off.

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
my advice is go back to your old job or find another career. If the Army come barking later on about contracts and such simply say f :) ck off. no pay no play .

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t see retail as beneath me it just doesn’t pay enough and as one poster said “5 days work for 90 quid is better than nothing” as someone who works construction you’ll never have to work 5 days for 90 quid and we both know it. Nor would you so stop being a dope. You can make more than 90 in a day as a labourer so I won’t take a huge backwards step and work in a supermarket. Construction provides challenging work and physical work which suits someone like me.

I’ll not be sitting on my arse at home at all, I’ll be using the time to do long runs and other exercising. The stuff some of you mentioned about volunteering is cool too so I suppose I could take a look into that.

I’ve got the advice I need it seems so there’s no point carrying this on. Cheers gents.
I said 90 quid a day dopey

Pretty much. Definitely going in the Army no matter what. You can all look forward to a million stupid threads from me after I’m in.
Good luck to you. You’ll have noticed the world is full of advice, some shít, some good, it’s nice to see you have your own mind. Just remember that for the first few years of your service see everything, hear everything, say nothing and be prepared to get your hands dirty, but you probably already know that as gobby labourers never last long.

What role are you looking at?

RandyLahey

Swinger
Had Paras intake 29th but god knows when it is now. Have done PRAC already.

@Joshua yeah fair point mate I skim read most posts my mistake. To be honest though no one stacking shelves is working more than 8 hours a shift and are definitely not being paid more than £9ph (probably less) so really they’re paid less than your estimations. I’d even say most who do that job aren’t given full time hours so are probably earning closer to 90 quid a week than 90 a day when you total it up.

@Joshua yeah fair point mate I skim read most posts my mistake. To be honest though no one stacking shelves is working more than 8 hours a shift and are definitely not being paid more than £9ph (probably less) so really they’re paid less than your estimations. I’d even say most who do that job aren’t given full time hours so are probably earning closer to 90 quid a week than 90 a day when you total it up.
9.30 a hour (Which is what Lidl pays) and a 40 hour week, is just slightly lower than what most toms earn when they leave training.

9.30 a hour (Which is what Lidl pays) and a 40 hour week, is just slightly lower than what most toms earn when they leave training.

... with no 'unlimited liability' on your deployment or employment.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

my old workmate is stacking shelves in tescos and loading delivery vans he is earning considerably more than your estimate
but like me he is old and used to long hours, so does all the hours the students cant be bothered with, the weekend when the snowflakes are out partying or sleeping
and this gets noticed and rewarded in his pay packet
he drives a nearly new car with a private plate ( its a Corsa though !!)
and has no mortgage
I earned 90 pounds each day last week after tax
turned up bright an early, clean and tidy
brought all my own tools and dustsheets
cleaned up and swept up every couple of hours
no loud radio playing
took a flask and sandwiches and was done by 3 most days
work was easy as and only need 5 hand tools some buckets and a watering can and an ashpan and brush

29th March. Am keeping fit gents.

Can’t do retail have done it for years before construction. Money is crap and you’re not treated well. Wouldn’t get out of bed for minimum wage pay unless it was army.
Store staff are King of the Castle right now.Way above Soap Stars, Celebs ect. Taking a fill in job will give you Brownie Points, as someone who doesn't jack it in.

CFB
Take an Orange from the box.

Latest Threads