Intake cancelled but wanting pay

Welcome to the British Army: you are now being fucked about by professionals.
How is he being fucked about by professionals? The Army is protecting people by not bringing a group of people together from all over the country and putting them in the same room.
Stop talking shite, I bet you were one of the shitcnuts who did three years and got out before a tour because you're a weasel, and whined the entire time

How is he being fucked about by professionals? The Army is protecting people by not bringing a group of people together from all over the country and putting them in the same room.
Stop talking shite, I bet you were one of the shitcnuts who did three years and got out before a tour because you're a weasel, and whined the entire time
Still serving (regular), and you? By the look of your replies on this thread, you've taken badly to self-isolation and got into the toilet duck early today.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Unreachable 95% of the time. Busy dealing with the backlog of sh*te I suppose. I don’t really matter in the bigger picture but I don’t really want to sign on so this is problematic.
29th March. Am keeping fit gents.

Can’t do retail have done it for years before construction. Money is crap and you’re not treated well. Wouldn’t get out of bed for minimum wage pay unless it was army.
Don't want to sign on and can't be arrsed working even though crap money is better than no money, you're going to have a fun filled few months! Love the attitude, that'll soon get knocked out of you once Phase 1 starts!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Only covers PAYE workers at the moment. Govt still working on a package for self employed workers (which I fall under.)

I think I’ve just had a bit of bad luck with my circumstances in addition to this crisis. I won’t be out on the streets or anything just no income for a while which isn’t good but there’s people a lot worse off.

I’ll not be going from construction pay to working in Tesco. Not even an attitude thing but it just doesn’t pay enough to be doing that sort of mundane work. I’d rather be skint and go for a run or something than cleaning up a carton of smashed eggs.
Thats a shite attitude
I have never been out of work, on the basis that I take anything on
just done a week of cutting mortar out, and re pointing and replacing bricks, and I am a sparkie
but 90 quid a day for 5 days is better than sitting on my arse

Retail security, hospital security, private ambulance companies all looking for staff, as are undertakers and Sports Direct.

This won’t earn money, but to feel useful there are great benefits that can be made by volunteering here:

Or being aware of your neighborhood and see if you can do things such as prescription and/or grocery pickups for vulnerable neighbours or join a local “in need” / support group on Facebook etc

Can’t do retail have done it for years before construction. Money is crap and you’re not treated well. Wouldn’t get out of bed for minimum wage pay unless it was army.
Crap money is always better than no money. For someone with no job, you certainly expect a lot. Are you sure you are Army material?

Ah, the typical tactic of a coward. Attack the poster ad hom, and then go for the mong button. You really do need to lay off the toilet duck, or is it brasso today?

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

To quote yourself, “money is crap and you’re not treated well”

Well wtf are you expecting from the army?
A six figure sum and weekends at the fecking Savoy all paid for and waited on seven days a week?
Oh my have you got a shock coming to you.

Youngest is home from uni. Applied 2100 to Lidl online. Phone interview this morning. Starts Monday four week rolling contract. Not know how many hours but better than nothing

Thats a shite attitude
I have never been out of work, on the basis that I take anything on
just done a week of cutting mortar out, and re pointing and replacing bricks, and I am a sparkie
but 90 quid a day for 5 days is better than sitting on my arse
Blimey Josh, do you travel out of the Gloucester area for work?

Mick9abf

War Hero
I’ll not be going from construction pay to working in Tesco. Not even an attitude thing but it just doesn’t pay enough to be doing that sort of mundane work. I’d rather be skint and go for a run or something than cleaning up a carton of smashed eggs.
I really think that your expectations of the Army and the actual reality are at two ends of the spectrum.

If you actually think that the army doesn’t include any of the attributes you appear to not have time for or ‘be above’ then my friend you are in for a shock.

RandyLahey

Swinger
I don’t see retail as beneath me it just doesn’t pay enough and as one poster said “5 days work for 90 quid is better than nothing” as someone who works construction you’ll never have to work 5 days for 90 quid and we both know it. Nor would you so stop being a dope. You can make more than 90 in a day as a labourer so I won’t take a huge backwards step and work in a supermarket. Construction provides challenging work and physical work which suits someone like me.

I’ll not be sitting on my arse at home at all, I’ll be using the time to do long runs and other exercising. The stuff some of you mentioned about volunteering is cool too so I suppose I could take a look into that.

I’ve got the advice I need it seems so there’s no point carrying this on. Cheers gents.

I don’t see retail as beneath me it just doesn’t pay enough and as one poster said “5 days work for 90 quid is better than nothing” as someone who works construction you’ll never have to work 5 days for 90 quid and we both know it. Nor would you so stop being a dope. You can make more than 90 in a day as a labourer so I won’t take a huge backwards step and work in a supermarket. Construction provides challenging work and physical work which suits someone like me.

I’ll not be sitting on my arse at home at all, I’ll be using the time to do long runs and other exercising. The stuff some of you mentioned about volunteering is cool too so I suppose I could take a look into that.

I’ve got the advice I need it seems so there’s no point carrying this on. Cheers gents.
Go back to your well paid construction job... oh.

There will be lots of jobs screaming for manpower shortly. I've had several emails wrt picking fruit.

I don't need the work as a. I am serving. b. I have a job. You have neither.

Why don't you go and do something useful for the country? That's why you're joining isn't it?

It's not a 'backwards' step, as you already have a place in the army. It's a place filler at worst. But you could be helping people by working in a sh*t job in Tescos.

Like I said on another thread. My reserve unit has solicitors, barristers (not coffee makers), various phd level scientists and tech folk, paramedics, police officers of various roles, business men, transport managers, students, local government, etc and they're falling over themselves to volunteer for any task that comes their way.

Why do you think you can't?

As JFK once said 'ask not what your country can do for you, rather what you can do for your country'. what are you asking at the moment?

Your first SNCO is obviously going to be getting a 'keeper'.

Would Tescos really pay significantly less than basic training. Also you’re saying building work has stopped in truth wouldn’t you be out of a job anyway. You said it was the money you needed, are you sure it’s not a pride thing.

endure

GCM
I don’t see retail as beneath me it just doesn’t pay enough and as one poster said “5 days work for 90 quid is better than nothing” as someone who works construction you’ll never have to work 5 days for 90 quid and we both know it.
Reading comprehension not one of your strong points either. What Josh said was

"90 quid a day for 5 days is better than sitting on my arse"

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
You sound much too proud to do work that is beneath you. When you get to phase one, make sure your training staff know this and inform them that you are not willing to do any menial tasks as you were a highly skilled construction worker. This will ensure you will be tasked with work that is befitting of someone of your obvious calibre.

Latest Threads