Intake cancelled but wanting pay

RandyLahey

Swinger
As the title says my intake was cancelled/postponed because of the virus. Before that I had signed/accepted on the army portal my final offer of employment. I have been issued my military number but have yet to attest obviously as my intake was cancelled.

I can be a team player and everything but I take issue with the fact that lots of lads had given notice or quit their jobs before intake was supposed to come around, myself included and now have no income. This is at a time where employment is low due to the outbreak and for myself I am a self employed builder and all construction has basically stopped this week going forward.

I was wondering what I could do to jump on the army pay roll or if I could possibly attest over the phone or something? I think I already know how this is going to go but I figure you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

cymraeg

On ROPS
On ROPs
Probably **** all in all honesty as you haven't completed the attestation process/ are not in the system fully.

Not being sarky get down the job centre and sign on. At least you will have some wedge coming in

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why are you asking here? Ask your recruiter.

Don’t try, don’t get is not unreasonable but methinks you’re pissing into wind. Good luck but your best bet? Ask the recruiters as above.

RandyLahey

Swinger
Unreachable 95% of the time. Busy dealing with the backlog of sh*te I suppose. I don’t really matter in the bigger picture but I don’t really want to sign on so this is problematic.

Unreachable 95% of the time. Busy dealing with the backlog of sh*te I suppose. I don’t really matter in the bigger picture but I don’t really want to sign on so this is problematic.
Then speak to them in the other 5% of the time.

Edit: Didn't mean for that to come off as twattish as it did. As @Grim_Squeaker85 says - plenty of supermarket jobs have just opened up to keep you ticking over, and theyll pay about the same, if not more, than a Pte's job.

Last edited:
Try the supermarkets in the meantime. Lots are hiring fast for short term workers.

Otherwise, keep fit and stay positive. This virus thing will pass and your time shall come again.

Last edited:

Mrsheeny

War Hero
As the title says my intake was cancelled/postponed because of the virus. Before that I had signed/accepted on the army portal my final offer of employment. I have been issued my military number but have yet to attest obviously as my intake was cancelled.

I can be a team player and everything but I take issue with the fact that lots of lads had given notice or quit their jobs before intake was supposed to come around, myself included and now have no income. This is at a time where employment is low due to the outbreak and for myself I am a self employed builder and all construction has basically stopped this week going forward.

I was wondering what I could do to jump on the army pay roll or if I could possibly attest over the phone or something? I think I already know how this is going to go but I figure you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
What date was your selection?

RandyLahey

Swinger
29th March. Am keeping fit gents.

Can’t do retail have done it for years before construction. Money is crap and you’re not treated well. Wouldn’t get out of bed for minimum wage pay unless it was army.

You can get 80% of your previous income from the government anyway, might as well take that since it's on offer.

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
Perhaps on day 1 in the the Army they say what did you do during the CV19 lay off lads?
And you say spent it on the dole, looks bad, say you spent it in a supermarket earning, shows motivation!
You will learn how to deal with the public, handle cash, motivate others & respect.

Perhaps on day 1 in the the Army they say what did you do during the CV19 lay off lads?
And you say spent it on the dole, looks bad, say you spent it in a supermarket earning, shows motivation!
You will learn how to deal with the public, handle cash, motivate others & respect.
The Army wont give a shit what work their recruits did or didn't do during the Corona Virus outbreak.

Welcome to the British Army: you are now being fucked about by professionals.

51YG7RA5STL.jpg

Last edited:

Are you for fcuking real??

29th March. Am keeping fit gents.

Can’t do retail have done it for years before construction. Money is crap and you’re not treated well. Wouldn’t get out of bed for minimum wage pay unless it was army.
Are you for fcuking real??

RandyLahey

Swinger
You can get 80% of your previous income from the government anyway, might as well take that since it's on offer.
Only covers PAYE workers at the moment. Govt still working on a package for self employed workers (which I fall under.)

I think I’ve just had a bit of bad luck with my circumstances in addition to this crisis. I won’t be out on the streets or anything just no income for a while which isn’t good but there’s people a lot worse off.

I’ll not be going from construction pay to working in Tesco. Not even an attitude thing but it just doesn’t pay enough to be doing that sort of mundane work. I’d rather be skint and go for a run or something than cleaning up a carton of smashed eggs.

Latest Threads