Int Courses

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by The_Cheat, Feb 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, I'm on the look out for some fun courses. I've got a few in mind but I'm asking on here... Any suggestions? I'm down for CMCQ and BCDT, has anyone else recently done any courses that they thought were great? Time off work isn't a problem, so it can be 2 weeks or what have you.

I don't want to head to the Int Corps or any of that, but are there any Int type courses available to an Inf L/Cpl?

And MSR, I would ask my PSI but I'm at a location where I don't have one and I can't head in tomorrow night. So there!

T C

2. deleted

3. Oops, misread the thread title... Thought it said 'Inter course' - now that would be a fun course, lol! :hump:

4. your just added posts just for the fun of it to get more medals :twisted:

5. Wow, I didn't realise I had three already! It beats your one, lol!! :wink:

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Yes, but at least his had the benefit of being legible, and with the correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling.

7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The Cheat,

Anything MATTs related will be a real benefit to your unit, but may not hit the "fun" bit square on.

PTI and RMA/CMT3 are both useful, and not bad courses if you are that way inclined.

8. Freebie

Your encourageable, luv the picture does u proud, lol

9. The Cheat,

If you're combat arm, and there's a possibility of you deploying, you could ask for a TPT course. It's only 3 days but is during the week.

10. What are the courses for infantry, I already have SAA but was done in 1989, but I do have AADW. Do you have an idea more the merrier I have all the time in the world at the moment

11. Thanks for the replies all. (Especially you medal chasers.... :roll: )

I'm already a CMT2 (so the RMA one is a good idea but it's been done) and getting on a PTI course at my mob is quite difficult for some reason...

BCDT is the MATT6 / first aid course, and CMCQ is a SAA qualification.

What's the TPT course mr foot?

T C

12. TPT = Tactical PsyOps Team

They're the guys on the ground for the PsyOps Support Element, i.e. the hearts and minds stuff. They talk to the locals, hand out questionaires, hand out leaflets, and generally build up a picture of what the feeling is amongst the locals, as well as providing some measurement of effect info after a PsyOps campaign.

PsyOps is becoming a big thing now. At present most of the TPT is carried out in the main by whichever combat arm guys are on the ground, and by CIMIC teams.

It's a course which currently comes under MI and is quite interesting.

13. Believe it or not, there are also Medical Intelligence courses at Chicksands nowadays. Info in the usual DCI's.

(IIRC, Offr or SNCO only, though.)

14. What are the purpose and are they open for TA

15. Might be worth a Q on the AMS / RAMC forums. From what I understand, and with 'Google-is-my-friend' to help, the course seems to be about prophylaxis...

;-)

We're going to Country x, what sort of diseases are there, what is the water supply like, what nasty things can debilitate or kill our troops, what sort of med care is available to the civpop, and alot more.

It is included in all the other courses offered in the DCI's at DISC.