Int Corps

#1
Alright guys,

Right, have decided to join the army, was firstly thinking RA but am very interested in Int corps. i have 11 GCSE's all passes but from what i can see in the last 29 pages all the new posts are from lads straight out of uni with degrees galore. Is it worth putting Int corps down as an option or would i just be swayed off into infantry etc...MOD says 5 GCSES's minimum of C but im starting to see it may not be worthwhile pursueing this as an option.
Any feedback or opinions would be good.
 
#3
you need to get your BARB test out of the way first.....you need a reasonably high score to go int corp....something over 65 i think. If you have a genuine interest in the job and feel you could sell yourself to the selection officer then you should have no problems!! start with int corp and if you have to change choice then you have to, however, you may as well start with the job you want and work from there!!
 
#4
Yes it is true lots of people nowadays join the Int Corps having degrees but then a lot don't. IMHO it doesn't really matter. With your GCSE passes you've got no problems. If I were you I'd go for it. They'll select on who you are , I'm sure they don't hold it against you that you haven't got a degree. GO FOR IT!
 
#5
Always struck me as an odd job, the Int Corps. What do the privates actually do? I'd always assumed they were a kind of officers-only "mini MI6" but clearly there's more to it...
 
#7
seemahpoint said:
Always struck me as an odd job, the Int Corps. What do the privates actually do? I'd always assumed they were a kind of officers-only "mini MI6" but clearly there's more to it...
Apparently, every day is a lethal game of bluff and counter-bluff in a wilderness of mirrors. Or so my fat ex-Int Corps mate tells me.
 
#9
Rik_2008 said:
Alright guys,

Right, have decided to join the army, was firstly thinking RA but am very interested in Int corps. i have 11 GCSE's all passes but from what i can see in the last 29 pages all the new posts are from lads straight out of uni with degrees galore. Is it worth putting Int corps down as an option or would i just be swayed off into infantry etc...MOD says 5 GCSES's minimum of C but im starting to see it may not be worthwhile pursueing this as an option.
Any feedback or opinions would be good.
Passed Int Corps selection this very week without an A level or Degree to my name ;)

Wouldn't worry about it too much...
 
#10
I got in with no A levels at all and survived 28 years before the novelty ran out.

It should not be a problem*

* Just remember NEVER to go back to Shamus's place for the weekend, and decide to go out on the P155
 
#11
seemahpoint said:
Always struck me as an odd job, the Int Corps. What do the privates actually do? I'd always assumed they were a kind of officers-only "mini MI6" but clearly there's more to it...
I assumed the privates were all busy learning their future trade before they pass out from Chicksands as Lance Corporals. I haven't heard any different recently.

(5 GCSEs here! One of them art! I did ask them if they knew what they were doing at RSC Chix...)
 
#12
subbsonic said:
I got in with no A levels at all and survived 28 years before the novelty ran out.

It should not be a problem*

* Just remember NEVER to go back to Shamus's place for the weekend, and decide to go out on the P155
You always was a bluffer and anyway I can better that I got in with no quals whatsoever having just been expelled from school.
 
#15
the int corp cut wires???? i also tried to join as an ammo tech RLC....i would have been good because we all know the terrorists swap the wires around anyway so all those colour normal ammo techs get fucked...whilst i save the day!!!
 
#16
kingburn_99 said:
the int corp cut wires???? i also tried to join as an ammo tech RLC....i would have been good because we all know the terrorists swap the wires around anyway so all those colour normal ammo techs get fucked...whilst i save the day!!!
I tend to bridge the wire as opposed to cutting it. With the right equipment you only need the merest hint of voltage to pick up the converstation


:oops:
 
#19
geordie_g said:
And what are themore common places you may end up on tour?
where to start:

Caesar's Palace ( .... silly human race)
LA Bowl
Maddison Square Gardens
Olympiche Stadion
Rainbow, Finsbury Park
Hydepark Osnabruck
Naval Regulators' bar West Kensington,
Last Drop, Grassmarket
La Chateau, Schloss Neuhaus
Brecon Jazz Festival (PME)
Geordie's Bar Sennelager
Metronone , Nollendorf Platz
Joe's THP
Earl's Court
Edinburgh Tattoo
Marriott Perth ( Tuesday night is nurses' night)
Red Lips Bar 1A Lock Road ( the most romantic bar in Kowloon)
Cafe Sperl
The Town Hall, Vitez
Scorpion. Nr Richmond N Yorks
The Roundabout Club
Winter Gardens Malvern
The Holiday Inn Bar, Al Ain, UAE ( the inspiration for the Star Wars bar at the end of the world)
Digital, Brighton
Pay and display parking , southsea front ( standby, standby)
The CR Stadium, Hay on Wye
The Ambassador's cocktail party ( somewhere in central europe - a bit too common: b100dy Ferrero Rocha)
The Gravediggers' Arms, BFPO 553

and not to forget The Green Hut

Actually, I never played the green hut

anyone else had any interesting tours: Werder sidings perhaps??
 

Latest Threads

New Posts