Int Corps TA

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Blinder, Jul 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've made contact about this with the main TA contact number. I've been directed to my local army careers office, but if I know that it's Int Corps i'm interested in, should I still go to the careers office, or make direct contact with local Coy or HQ 3 (V) MI, and kick off the process from there instead? Sorry if it's a bone question e.t.c e.t.c...Just don't want to waste the Sargeants time in the career office if he's thinking about having a "general TA, what do you want to do?" type of chat with me.

thanks.

2. msr

msr LE

Just phone your local unit and make arrangements.

msr

3. As I said, phoned the main number, and have "generic interview arranged".

It occured to me to try and expediate the process and go straight to the unit i'm interested in as advised in the sticky - which, in hindsight I should have looked at before I made the call to generic TA recruitment, hence my OP...

It's all moot anyway really as calling the Corps direct does not seem to work, no-one answers the batphone, and I left a message last week to no avail. But maybe they're getting all this through ECHELON anyway :)

I'll just rock up for the generic and go from there. Thanks for the info.

4. When I was a PSI with 3 MI the drill night was usually doubled as a 'info' fest. The members of the TA Coy met and were trained - the civvie interested parties (to which I presume you belong) were briefed by those in the know (PSAO, CO, QM - even the MT Sgt!). Suggest you pitch up on drill night (they're always there) and spk to PSI. He/she will avail you of interview with PSAO (the first person (TA) you need to speak to. Forget Batphone - Gotham is unseasonably busy!

5. Sh*t just fell into the 'When I' trap. Forgive my sin - esp you Reb!

6. rgr.

First test passed - ex-slime suckered in ;)

yhpm. ta for the info.

7. Couldn't agree more. If you want to join the TA Int Corps.

Find nearest TAC
    Find out when drill night is
    Turn up on said night
    Knock on door
    Get let in
    Talk to someone actually in the TA as opposed to some morlock NRPS rubber desk johnny/store crawler
    Join TA Int Corps
    Live happily ever after

8. Direct contact made - appointments arranged e.t.c e.t.c. Nice one fellas - thanks.

9. Blinder I await your arrival with interest.