Int Corps TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Cutsy, Jun 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a spot of advice on joining 3 MI Bn,

I've been in the TA for years now, Sigs qualified to the hilt, solid experience of tours including Telic in 2003 - good all round egg. Very interested in joining the Int Corps TA but like a lot of people I don't posess the GCSE Maths and English that they seem to require. I honestly believe I could be a success given the technical skills I've gained in the TA and in civvy street where I am a Telecoms Technician. Apart from that I'm a stable sort of character, no convictions, no issues and very thorough. Is there any way this requirement could be waived and has anyone got other general advice about the Int Corps TA?

Cheers

2. Most secondary schools run 'adult education' courses, for a few hours a week you could top up your maths and sit the exams, if you've got the time you might as well take the tests.

3. Ring them and ask, it's the only way to be sure. Your collection of technical certs may well be enough to get a waiver. In any case, you'll be doing a selection weekend where they'll test this sort of thing.

4. As much as it pains me to admit it, I think given some of the window lickers knocking about in the TA the requirements stated by most units are seldom enforced.

5. Cheers for those, any further advice always welcome!!

6. Having spent some time around the turn of the century with Mi3!! as they like to be known - I can assure you this would not have been a problem then mate. I did the Long March in 1999 where the OiC bailed out after 15k and got it on with someone in the back of the mini-bus while his troops walked on and starved.

Too many people turning up - as early as recruit weekends at Pirbright - and gobbing off about binning this to go to a Sabre Squadron. One bloke told me that because he could do an eight minute BFT - he knew he was being watched by the PSI from 22 who was doing 21/23 recruit weekends near his TAC. I've no doubt he was being watched! This was the same bloke who asked me to help him with orientating a map so he could decide where he was - and I'm talking about a London Underground map when this was all run/admin'ed up at that place in W1. :cry:

Too many females crying on BFT's which did not bother me in the slightest as being a porker - they made me look good - in fact I used to love watching them cry as their dreams of being Moneypenny washed down the nearest bog along with their breakfast.

And don't get me started on the Para officer types transferring in at that time from 4 Para(see first paragraph) - astonishing! I also recall many other things of note which one day will make it into my memoirs - frankly not impressed with what I saw then and I walked before I was tainted by association. Had a brief liasion in 2002 and things were 100% better - the RSM was a man of honour and intellect - great fella.

I'm told they are more professional now they are needed for ops - much of this down to the then RSM in 02 - this is a good thing as there were lot's of capable and enthusiastic boys and girls led by re-treads and walts in 1998/99/2000ish.

Good luck.

7. Surely nuking the site from orbit is the only way to be sure? :D

Agree with you though.

8. Do we have any 23(V)MI bods on here? if so I'd like to ask a few non-sensitive questions RE: VT's

Many spanks peeps,

Faugh-A-Ballagh

9. Any chance you'd state your reasons for not joining the Sigs? Not intrested in getting you to join/remain in the corps, just would like any ammo for the unhappy sigs people

thanks