Int Corps Soldiering Skills

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Tango_Golf_Mike, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you get a lot of time to train and practise your basic soldiering and live firing or do you only get the chance to do that on pre deployment training?

2. and a second question, i thought that people in the corps werent alowed to identify themselves since they did classified work, so why are there peoples pictures, full names and family history in the Int Corps recruiting booklets?

3. We get the requisite time to practise our soldiering skills as per MATTs, which is generally once a year, though some may get more time than others. If you want to spend more time on that ranges, there are ways to get you there. if you like spending time under canvas and bivvie bags, again there are ways and means.

On the subject of the recruiting pamphlets, I have always laughed...the names of the innocent have been changed etc. They either don't match or don't exist. You would hope that the Corps would not be that stupid...

4. Thanks for the reply. One more question i have is how does the corps work if everyone is a lance corporal or above? Do you have sections organised similar to the infantry but with everyone a rank higher or is there no need for that?

5. Good God, it's 007

I think you are confusing the Int Corp with 'Ultimate Force'

6. what have i said wrong?

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Having just read an Ordinary Soldier by Doug Beattie, the Int Corps have a lot to be proud of when it comes to soldier skills. Buy the book and find out for yourselves.

8. i have the book but havent had the time to read it im in the middle of Firestrike 7/9 (Exellent book)

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

TGM, you won't be disappointed.

10. be sure to review it for others!!!

11. sarcastic?

12. nope! its a friends book, all the money is going to forces charities so a nice review would be appreciated!

13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm working on a review for the book club forum. I'm not sure I'm up to the quality of other contributors. But I really enjoyed the book.

This was the RSM of 1 RIRISH when Col Tim Collins gave his speech before GW2.

His actions in 2006 at Garmsir left me in awe of the guy.

14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm on my best behaviour, but read and learn.

15. i getta small mention in the book, im paddy the one that took the team phot with the AH behind and im the one in the green t shirt in the background on the rooftop photo. i went in to cover sticky when he burnt his leg! amazingly bommer has recieved abit of stick for going ahead with the book! hes gained nowt from it, all his end is going to a number of charities

sorry for the hijack. like has been said you willl be doing your normal role for 90% of the time. you wont get taught anywhere near an infantry companys level of skills but you will learn enough to get you by!