INT CORPS SELECTION!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Shogun, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

I'm goin to Chicksands on Weds 10th (next week) to do the MLAT and all the rest of it. Can't wait, but I am more nervous than I was at selection...
    anyway, I was just looking for ANY advice you can give me, about the stay. any tips for the interview? etc. Any advice from anyone would be great!

Ta muchly!
    s/gun

2. Don't paddle near the weir.

3. I'll make sure of it! :D

4. don't drink the river water

5. Learn how to spell Shotgun :D

6. Err, Shogun is the name for a Samurai lord and an epic(ly shite) tv series from years ago lol. Ridiculous, I know lol. But it's the best I could come up with!

Has anyone got any advice??

7. Unless you izz da Shogun of Harlem - change the user name.

Don't wash in the water around the sports island - the ducks don't like it.

£1 per pint in the Abbot's before 7pm, £1.50 after..

Remember to take your frock for the cross dressing end of course party.

8. Here is some good advice.

Look through all the other posts of people asking for advice about Int Corps selection FFS.

Can we not get some form of software patch that will instantly delete all new threads asking for advice about Int Corps selection whilst at the same time highlighting to Chicksands that the perpetrator has the research skills of squashed badger and should not be allowed past the barrier at Chicksands front gate!! :x :x :x :x

9. If only life could immitate Art, why the Bilderberg Party might even be elected in Shepway tonight?

Yes we know that the Illuminati from 3 Coy, the Stadion and the Mission House are lurking here.

10. wah

11. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Shogun is more accurately -"generalissimo" or better understood as "Military Dictator", The most famous probably being Tokugawa Ieyasu, who found the Tokugawa Shogunate (c.1603-1868), a period a great peace, stability and prosperity in Japanese History, ending with the Meiji Restoration. Others include, (but not eclusively)

Kamakura shogunate (1192–1333)
    Ashikaga shogunate (1336–1573)

Daimyo is the Japanese term for Lord. To desribe a Shogun as just a Lord is hugely inaacurate he was THE Lord.

You'll fit in well with the intelligence bods. Yeesh.

Pedantry mode off

12. To expand further on what Rampant has said; Sho-gun can also be understood using "first military", and also "barbarian queller".

Japan's most famous Shogun after Ieyasu Tokugawa is of course, the Mitsubishi Shogun. :D :D

13. Use less apostrophes.

14. ?

15. :D :D :D