• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

INT CORPS SELECTION!!!!!!

Hey all,

I'm goin to Chicksands on Weds 10th (next week) to do the MLAT and all the rest of it. Can't wait, but I am more nervous than I was at selection...
anyway, I was just looking for ANY advice you can give me, about the stay. any tips for the interview? etc. Any advice from anyone would be great!

Ta muchly!
s/gun

PrinceAlbert said:
Learn how to spell Shotgun :D

Err, Shogun is the name for a Samurai lord and an epic(ly shite) tv series from years ago lol. Ridiculous, I know lol. But it's the best I could come up with!

Has anyone got any advice??

Shogun said:
Has anyone got any advice??
Unless you izz da Shogun of Harlem - change the user name.

Don't wash in the water around the sports island - the ducks don't like it.

£1 per pint in the Abbot's before 7pm, £1.50 after..

Remember to take your frock for the cross dressing end of course party.

Here is some good advice.

Look through all the other posts of people asking for advice about Int Corps selection FFS.

Can we not get some form of software patch that will instantly delete all new threads asking for advice about Int Corps selection whilst at the same time highlighting to Chicksands that the perpetrator has the research skills of squashed badger and should not be allowed past the barrier at Chicksands front gate!! :x :x :x :x

eye_spy said:
Can we not get some form of software patch that will instantly delete all new threads asking for advice about Int Corps selection whilst at the same time highlighting to Chicksands that the perpetrator has the research skills of squashed badger and should not be allowed past the barrier at Chicksands front gate!! :x :x :x :x
If only life could immitate Art, why the Bilderberg Party might even be elected in Shepway tonight?

Yes we know that the Illuminati from 3 Coy, the Stadion and the Mission House are lurking here.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
PrinceAlbert said:
Shogun said:
PrinceAlbert said:
Learn how to spell Shotgun :D

Err, Shogun is the name for a Samurai lord
wah
Shogun is more accurately -"generalissimo" or better understood as "Military Dictator", The most famous probably being Tokugawa Ieyasu, who found the Tokugawa Shogunate (c.1603-1868), a period a great peace, stability and prosperity in Japanese History, ending with the Meiji Restoration. Others include, (but not eclusively)

Kamakura shogunate (1192–1333)
Ashikaga shogunate (1336–1573)

Daimyo is the Japanese term for Lord. To desribe a Shogun as just a Lord is hugely inaacurate he was THE Lord.

You'll fit in well with the intelligence bods. Yeesh.

Pedantry mode off

rampant said:
Shogun is more accurately -"generalissimo" or better understood as "Military Dictator", The most famous probably being Tokugawa Ieyasu, who found the Tokugawa Shogunate (c.1603-1868), a period a great peace, stability and prosperity in Japanese History, ending with the Meiji Restoration. Others include, (but not eclusively)

Kamakura shogunate (1192–1333)
Ashikaga shogunate (1336–1573)

Daimyo is the Japanese term for Lord. To desribe a Shogun as just a Lord is hugely inaacurate he was THE Lord.

You'll fit in well with the intelligence bods. Yeesh.

Pedantry mode off
To expand further on what Rampant has said; Sho-gun can also be understood using "first military", and also "barbarian queller".

Japan's most famous Shogun after Ieyasu Tokugawa is of course, the Mitsubishi Shogun. :D :D

adastra said:
eye_spy said:
If only life could immitate Art, why the Bilderberg Party might even be elected in Shepway tonight?

Yes we know that the Illuminati from 3 Coy, the Stadion and the Mission House are lurking here.
?

Shogun said:
Hey all,

I'm goin to Chicksands on Weds 10th (next week) to do the MLAT and all the rest of it. Can't wait, but I am more nervous than I was at selection...
anyway, I was just looking for ANY advice you can give me, about the stay. any tips for the interview? etc. Any advice from anyone would be great!

Ta muchly!
s/gun
I find particularly irritating the way you have shortened your name by the ridiculous use of that oblique stroke. Would it really have tired you out to type the extra keystroke that would have fully spelled out your name? Then again, with the distinct lack of research shown, maybe this already demonstrates your laziness and find that you are amply suitable for Humint! (No offence :roll: )

all right chill out everyone. i only asked for some tips and advice. i don't give a toss about the username etc etc. Can't believe how crazed loads of people are on here about spelling/usernames and B/S like that. Can't you just be helpful, and if not, at least resist the urge to comment on a username and all that balls. and I did some research, but all the other questions have shit replies to them. Silly me for thinking this one would get any different. Wow.

Shogun said:
all right chill out everyone. i only asked for some tips and advice. i don't give a toss about the username etc etc. Can't believe how crazed loads of people are on here about spelling/usernames and B/S like that. Can't you just be helpful, and if not, at least resist the urge to comment on a username and all that balls. and I did some research, but all the other questions have s*** replies to them. Silly me for thinking this one would get any different. Wow.
Look mate, it is great that you are joining the Int Corps and I wish you every success. This forum just isn't the right place to get info about what to expect at Chicksands. A number of the people "happy-slapping" you on here have been asked to answer the same question, in various forms, scores of times now, and frankly it gets dull. It is far more fun to try and outdo each other with pedantry and nerd history, at your expense. I very rarely give sensible answers because:

a. I am not clever enough,
b. I have forgotten most of the serious stuff I have learned,
c. This is not the right forum to discuss some subjects at all.

Mainly however, I just use it to stay in touch in a very informal way with my beloved Corps. In common with many others I am unable to tell you what to expect as it was so bloody long ago. What I do know, is that if you are the right person you will love it and get stuck into some of the most interesting and niche work available to young people in this country.

Let us all know how you did at the end of training by which time you will already have started to amass a number of amusing anecdotes of your own.

Good luck and best wishes!

B_A

Latest Threads