Int Corps Mess dress

thenaughtyintsprite said:
Because its gay
Perhaps your collegue needs to review some of the obligations to entering the most exclusive club in the world.

Alternatively your colleague could always ask the Corps dress committe to consider a proposed sealed pattern for a Cypress green TNF WindstopperTM jacket with french grey facings.

This may not be so "gay", perhaps your collegue has difficulty of grasping the concept of the grey man?

I suppose if they are all wearing TNF, ( and KSBs) it will be quite easy to blend in with the crowd ??

Sprite - Your mate should get a grip and purchase a Mess Dress, or is he/she a transferee who thinks after x amount of years in 'a real Corps' they shouldnt get another Mess Dress because the Int Corps isnt something to be proud of, but just a way of pension pinching?

Failing that! The ICA store cupboard have a few - especially if your mate is 'medium' size. If they want to buy one I would suggest themessdress.com - quite pricey, but a good quality product.

When I looked at the Mess Kit in the ICA Store cupboard, it looked like a number of portly dwarves had recently retired from the Corps. :)

...portly dwarves
Not true, I've still got mine.

Actually, I might be persuaded to let it go - 34" waist, 32" leg, 44" chest, Yangos of Five Mile Point provenance, SNCO pattern - any interest from anyone?

Legoman said:
MrsRaven said:
Sprite - you need to check out the spelling of the Corps' motto on you avatar. :roll:
My word Mrs R, you must have extremely good eyesight. :) Are you an IA by chance?
I just got some new specs...I can see the dents in my car now.

Someone mis-spelt 'Cognitio' - they left out the second 'i'. Now if I wasn't on duty I'd drink myself into a stupor for being so sad... :lol:

MrsRaven said:
Legoman said:
MrsRaven said:
Sprite - you need to check out the spelling of the Corps' motto on you avatar. :roll:
My word Mrs R, you must have extremely good eyesight. :) Are you an IA by chance?
I just got some new specs...I can see the dents in my car now.

Someone mis-spelt 'Cognitio' - they left out the second 'i'. Now if I wasn't on duty I'd drink myself into a stupor for being so sad... :lol:
I'd be drinking petrol right now if I were you!

Wench you have never needed an excuse to drink petrol.

Fraser said:
When I looked at the Mess Kit in the ICA Store cupboard, it looked like a number of portly dwarves had recently retired from the Corps. :)
Did anyone else immediately think "CR..." when they read the above? Or was it just me?

subbsonic said:
Perhaps your collegue needs to review some of the obligations to entering the most exclusive club in the world.
I wouldn't really call it that. The mere idea that being a Mess member is something to aspire to is old fashioned to say the least. Are you not trying to say "well I'm a member of the Sgts Mess (now), it took me a long time to get here, and of course because I have done it you should aspire to it / never question it / accept it as the only course of your career". Nowadays in the Corps its the norm to be a Sgt potentially after 7 or 8 years, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, it's just going to happen. Gone are the days if they ever existed of seeing a 22 year Cpl or LCpl.

As soon as the original poster suggested that someone did not have a Mess Dress someone pounced on him. Maybe the Mess Dress is for someone who is very recently promoted and cannot get one in time, maybe not. The Corps is currently at a high operational tempo, with greater time on ops than it has ever had.

There are things of more importance than justifying the significance of an outdated drinking club. If the Messes were more progressive, more younger SNCO's would want to be part of it.

Perevodchik said:
Oh Boo-phuqin-hoo!

Just phuq off will you?!
Ah, someone else who owns the site.

Realise that anyone can post here, it does not have to please you, and is an expression of opinion - which does not have to match yours.

Use larger fonts, use phonetic spellings of swear words to make you appear intelligent and witty, do what you please - as this is what everyone on the site is entitled to do. Above all - lose your superior attitude.

I will not phuq off, I was merely expressing an opinion - is that allowed?

You may not like it, I don't care. If the Mess was clear of old crustys who judged everyone by the assumed and accumulated standards of previous dinosaurs then we could move on.

Mess kit is not important by any measure. Grow up and get some op tours in.

Now you Phuq off.

Hibs_Bez said:
...The mere idea that being a Mess member is something to aspire to is old fashioned to say the least.
I'm a traditionalist; so you can take your left-of-centre, New-Labour, Blairite/Brownite, reformist views and fook off back North of the border! :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Int Corps 7
Rodney2q Int Corps 5
Whiskybreath Classified Ads 0